Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Supply Chain Co-Ordinator
Purpose of the Job
As part of Metro Trains Supply Chain department, the responsibility of this position is to ensure availability of both goods and services to meet the business needs, to provide goods and services at best value and to ensure that all Alstom policies, processes and systems are adhered to.
Position in the Organisation
Reports Hierarchically to : Materials Provision Manager
Network & Links
Internal: Operations, Sourcing
External: Suppliers, contractors and Customer
* Manage the purchase requisition and order placement process to ensure materials and services are available for Operational requirements
* Ensure Supplier communications/orderbooks and system data are correctly managed
* Efficient processing of orders & PRF's
* On time in full purchase order delivery performance
* Achievement of project milestones
* Improvement in Supply Chain Efficiency targets
* Amount of overdue purchase orders
* Number of 'Missing Parts'
* Number of supplier non-conformance reports
* Number of CARS/Observations on Supply Chain team
* To ensure all Purchase Orders are placed with Suppliers in-line with Sourcing and Business requirements - e.g. Ts&Cs, CSRs, S1/S2 Suppliers, all technical requirements included
* To manage key business overhaul and critical activity programmes from a Supply Chain position
* To lead Supply Chain Continuous Improvement activities, with an emphasis on improved QCD
* To manage Frame Orders, ensuring appropriate levels of coverage through the Purchase Requisition Process
* To work with the Supply Chain and Sourcing teams to ensure appropriate amounts of materials are purchased in order to optimise inventory levels
* To monitor supplier performance and ensure that price, service levels and quality are maintained at agreed levels.
* To respond to supplier and internal queries in a timely and professional manner.
* To escalate, as appropriate, any contractual or performance issue associated with supplier agreements.
* To maintain an accurate 'base data', including Source Lists & Info Records, with the computer-based stock control system.
* To provide full Supply Chain support for any identified project activities / requirements.
* To act as an ambassador for Alstom and the Supply Chain function both internally and externally
* To ensure a timely resolution of Invoices Queries
* To cover other Purchasing Functions (Repairs Controller, MRP Controller) when required
CIPS qualification (or be studying for CIPS) would be a plus
Technical Knowledge / Experience
* Previous experience in Supply Chain
* Experience in Railway industry preferable
* Good knowledge of SAP
* IT literate with knowledge of MS Office
* Financial and commercial awareness
* Planning and Organising
* Strong financial, analytical and negotiating skills
* Good communication skills and positive attitude
* Corporate Team worker
* Flexible and Adaptable
* Self-directed and results focussed
* Customer oriented