Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + +competitive package
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Supply Chain and Procurement Manager
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West
A leading global manufacturer is looking to recruit a proven and experienced Supply Chain and Procurement Manager to capitalise on year on year growth and look to manage a team across production planning, supply planning and procurement on a local and EU scale.
The successful individual is responsible for a team of circa. 10 reports, in which they would be responsible for leading the function to deliver supply chain best practice in an ever changed and faced paced environment.
The company have a long standing excellent reputation, are highly successful, and are on a continued growth strategy.
- Manage the Planning Procurement teams located in the Manchester office (10- person team)
- Create and own a two-year strategic improvement plan for planning and procurement within the EMEA region
- Create tactical capability within the planning and procurement teams by identifying and mapping critical processes linked to team roles and responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate improved use of planning systems to ensure that production plans are driven from order entry through to manufacturing order completion and booking
- As part of procurement responsibilities implement local sourcing (including supplier identification and contract negotiation)
- Create and manage a set of KPIs and report to monitor performance and drive improvements.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and financial responsibilities
- Develop the team skills and capability through planning and procurement qualifications and the increased use of Lean tools and techniques.
- Train, coach and mentor staff, evaluate performance, and provide meaningful feedback to facilitate individual growth and development planning
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven track record in planning and procurement within a FMCG manufacturing environment
- Exposure to a global supply chain, with multiple manufacturing sites, would be beneficial
- CIPS/MCIPS or APICS qualifications would be desirable
- Degree qualified would be desirable
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to influence
- Ability to build strong relationship across a global supply base, across both internal and external
- Understand and experience of demand and S&OP would be desirable
- Previous experience of implementing new process and leading structural changes
- Good analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Good systems usage e.g Excel, Planning Tools, ERP systems
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.