Up to £13.68 per hour
about 1 year ago
Supply Chain Advisor; based in Portsmouth; 12 month contract; £13.68 PAYE per hour
We are looking for a Supply Chain Advisor to work for a large manufacturing company based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering supply chain activities within the Operations/Ship Delivery Team. The role includes the supporting of bids and the execution of the supply chain strategy and plans, as well as the engagement of internal/external suppliers & customers to ensure the smooth completion of the project's objectives. It is part of a buoyant and stable team supporting the ship repair activities of Royal Naval vessels.
As a Supply Chain Advisor your main responsibilities will involve
- Using an ERP tool (IFS), source, negotiate and manage the procurement and or costing of Material in support of Ship Repair Projects.
- Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in association with the departmental procedures and systems.
- Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements for projects and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures.
- Proactively support and deliver effective supplier management and delivery in line with the project's integrated schedule.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects, suppliers and customers (internal/external).
As a Supply Chain Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Proven experience of working with a Supply Chain or Procurement delivery focussed role.
- Strong IT skills, particularly relating to Microsoft Excel.
- Good level of numeracy and analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Stakeholder and Supplier Management experience
- Able to self-manage, use initiative and work well with others
We are looking for candidates who possess experience of working within a similar role, have the drive and tenacity to deliver results and are flexible and adaptable to change. You will be an outstanding communicator with sound analytical, problem solving skills.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.