Up to £13.38 per hour
7 months ago
Supply Chain Advisor; based in Portsmouth; 6 month contract; £13.38 PAYE
We are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Advisor to work for BAE Systems on a 6 month contract. As a Supply Chain Advisor you will be responsible for delivering procurement / supply chain activities associated with a defined area. The role includes supporting the development of procurement / supply chain strategies & plans, and the engagement of internal and external suppliers & customers as required to meet the project/business objectives.
The successful candidate will have experience of Supply Chain function and activities and have a degree of commercial and contractual acumen. You will have a working understanding of tool sets, IT, and materials/services. An understanding of cost drivers in the value chain is required along with an understanding of change programmes. You will be able to identify risks and opportunities.
Key Leadership/People Mgmt Skills:
- Good listener.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Understanding of on time delivery, cost and quality through the successful actions of the Supply Chain.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, key stakeholders and customers.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate at peer levels internally and externally and an understanding of management requirements.
- Strong communicator, able to effectively influence.
- Understanding of ethical, value-driven negotiations.
Key activities will include;
- Prepare the Procurement / Supply Chain strategy and plan for allocated materials and/or services.
- Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers i.a.w. with the departmental procedures and systems.
- Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements of the subcontracts /project and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures
- Pro actively support and deliver effective supplier management and service delivery in line with the project's integrated schedule.
- Identify risks, opportunities and mitigation plans, implement accordingly.
- Act as the primary point of contact with assigned suppliers and customers (internal/external).
- Support the team's Safety Health and Environment activities
- Help identify and address Risks & Opportunities across the contracts / project
- Support and/or prepare strategies and reports as required by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Cost Account Management (CAM) reports.
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reviews.
- Support Risk management
You will have the ability to operate effectively in a multi-site, multi project environment with a matrix style of organisation and a detailed understanding of Procurement / Supply Chain Processes. Previous experience in a Supply Chain environment is required along with experience of managing a range of services, commodities or equipment. Working knowledge of the legal environment related to purchasing contracts and framework agreements within the defence sector would be an advantage.
You will ideally have achieved HND/HNC or Degree Qualified in a Business or Engineering discipline and be working towards CIPS qualification or equivalent.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs