£13.38 - £16.94 per hour
9 days ago
Morson International is currently looking for Supply Chain Advisor for our client based in Portsmouth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering supply chain activities within the Operations/Ship Delivery Team within Warship Support.
The role includes the supporting of bids and the execution of the supply chain strategy and plans, as well as the engagement of internal/external suppliers & customers to ensure the smooth completion of the project's objectives. It is part of a buoyant and stable team supporting the ship repair activities of Royal Naval vessels in Upkeep and Fleet Time within Warship Support.
- Using an ERP tool (IFS), source, negotiate and manage the procurement and or costing of Material in support of Ship Repair Projects.
- Support and/or prepare outputs and deliverables and select suppliers in association with the departmental procedures and systems.
- Support and/or negotiate all commercial, financial, quality and schedule elements for projects and any authorised changes in line with departmental procedures.
- Proactively support and deliver effective supplier management and delivery in line with the project's integrated schedule.
- Act as the primary point of contact for assigned projects, suppliers and customers (internal/external)
Skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience of working with a Supply Chain or Procurement delivery focused role.
- Strong IT skills, particularly relating to Microsoft Excel.
- Good level of numeracy and analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Stakeholder and Supplier Management experience
- Able to self-manage, use initiative and work well with others
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.