£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience + Benefits
To provide Quality Engineering leadership & support to drive our supplier partners towards excellence in Quality, Delivery and Innovation working closely with all levels of internal and external customers including approval authorities.
- Perform a Quality Assurance (QA) function throughout the complete supply chain
- Perform Quality audits/assessments as required to demonstrate effective on-going Quality management of the supply chain and that requirements are being met.
- Provide an independent monitoring function for compliance with airworthiness and customer requirements
- Engage with other supply chain stakeholders (E.g. QA & Compliance team, Procurement, Supplier Development, New programs) to ensure that QA activities are coordinated
- Identification and co-ordination of any investigations arising from Quality issues through to their documented conclusion, with supporting root cause analysis and Manage completion and effectiveness of Corrective and Preventative measures to prevent reoccurrence
- Coordination of QA activities in relation to supplier source changes
- Ensuring Quality measures with associated targets are maintained for supply chain quality performance as well as process measures at the supplier
- Develop and support of a business improvement culture and associated activities e.g. process mapping, lean, etc
- Assist with the maintenance of company approvals e.g. EASA, FAR, ISO, etc. to maintain airworthiness
- Assist with the generation of Quality Plans and proposals
The successful individual will have;
- Working knowledge of Aerospace quality standards (e.g. AS9100, EASA Part 21, Part 145 etc) - desirable
- Other aerospace topics e.g. FOD, counterfeit avoidance etc.- Desirable
- Proven experience in First Article / Parts Approval reporting methods (E.g. AS9102, PPAP etc.) - Desirable
- Process Measurement techniques (e.g. SPC, KPIs, etc .)
- Quality Management System and Process Mapping Software
- Has a proven range of Quality/Business Improvement experience
- Proven experience working within a quality management system
- Trained Quality Auditor
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment and working with a supply chain
- Good communication skills demonstrated both verbally and in writing in the form of presentations and recommendations for improvement
- Demonstrated experience in building good working relationships and gaining trust and respect with internal and external customers
- Be prepared to travel to meet the requirements of the role
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 14 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.