5 months ago
As a Supplier Manager (Project Buyer), the role will oversee the following responsbilities:
- To manage the day to day requirements and controls of the Purchasing Module on the ERP system
- Supplier selection and management of sub-contracted work packages.
- Development of a competitive flexible supplier base, focussed on year on year cost reduction.
- Understanding and interpreting engineering requirements, including quality, delivery, specifications and price and ensuring that these requirements are understood and reflected throughout the procurement cycle.
- Ensuring that all enquiries are sent out in a professional and timely manner to establish the most competitive sources to support the bid management process.
- Negotiation of contracts.
- Prevention of critical supply issues through best practice supply chain management techniques.
- Pursuing Lean, inventory and consignment initiatives within the supply chain.
- To encourage communication between the supplier and engineering to effect cost reduction of mature and new products
- Liaise with other Departments and stakeholders to formulate 'make or buy decisions'
- To manage on time delivery from the supply base and expedite Purchase Orders as required
- Carry out site visits to suppliers as necessary
Ideally, the candidate will have the following background:
- Good communication skills
- Strong supplier management background
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Experience of using ERP system
- Literate in Microsoft office
- Experienced at working within a cross functional team
- Full driving license
- Relevant previous purchasing experience, i.e. with an Aerospace & Defence Company
- Previous experience in Electrical, Mechanical or Pneumatics commodities is preferred
- Previous experience with Supply Chain New Product Integration is preferred