£46.00 - £51.00 per hour + Ltd
3 months ago
Subsystem IVVQ Lead / Senior Systems Engineer
Templecombe (alternatively Plymouth) - 6 month duration - Pay rate £46 to £51 p/h Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Subsystem IVVQ Lead Engineer to work as a Senior Systems Engineer with responsibility for Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of an Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV).The USV is part of a complex wider mine hunting and avoidance sonar system.
Purpose of the Role:
A major project within the Remote Systems Team urgently requires additional IVVQ support. The product is a complex system-of-systems incorporating Platform, SONAR/Sensors, Command and Control (C2), payload deployment, autonomy and communications. This person is required to deliver the subsystem IVVQ strategies and associated acceptance & test plans to ensure successful overall system-level IVVQ.
You will operate across the subsystem teams and work closely with the engineering leads, including external industrial partners. This role will require time working at the Trials Facility at Plymouth, it is difficult to say how frequent this will be, but likely to be 3-4 days once or twice a month. Alternatively the role could be based in Plymouth with occasional travel to Templecombe. The role may involve some travel to our sister-sites in Brest and Cheadle (Manchester) as well as visits to Suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
You will be responsible to the USV IVVQ Lead for implementing the subsystem's IVVQ strategy, plan and schedule through close-working with the Systems, Software and Hardware engineering teams.
You will be responsible for the production of all subsystem test documentation and conduct of associated test activities covering both the Hardware and Software entities within each subsystem.
You will be responsible for the collation and presentation of verification evidence, captured during test activities or other means, to enable design sell off and/or Customer Acceptance of the entities to be delivered.
You will be expected to liaise and support the Systems, Software and Hardware teams in the conduct and resolution of investigations into outstanding issues prior to delivery.
You will be expected to liaise with the USV Systems Engineering Manager and the IVVQ Manager for the overarching system.
- Proven ability in the production of detailed Integration, Test and Acceptance strategies & plans for complex systems (system of systems)
- Knowledge of System engineering lifecycles
- Background of working in the defence engineering sector
- Solid understanding / knowledge of the IVVQ process
- A logical, methodical and thorough manner, having an eye for detail and a wiliness to investigate and document findings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to team members, Design Authorities and varying levels of senior management.
- Ability to work under pressure, either independently (where appropriate) or under supervision of the designated lead engineer.
- Proven ability in the generation of test documentation (specifically writing specification and test reports)
- Knowledge of electrical / electronic engineering.
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite for producing, modifying or reviewing technical documents, reports, plans and spread sheets.
- Basic planning
- Full UK Driving License
Any of the following skills would be desirable, but are not a pre-requisite:
- Knowledge of Autonomous and/or Remotely operated platforms/systems
- Knowledge of Command Control, Communications and Computer Information systems (C4IS).
- Basic knowledge of SONAR.
- Knowledge of Installation, Testing and Commissioning of SONAR and/or C4IS systems
- Knowledge of working to (or writing) technical requirements
- Knowledge of Software engineering
- Knowledge of RF comms
- Knowledge of IT networking
- Knowledge of marine platforms (electro-mechanical)
- Knowledge of a process for Software release and configuration control
- Experience of working in Naval Dockyards.
- A working knowledge of the DOORS requirements management tool and its application to IVVQ
- Experience of estimating IVVQ activities
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project all applicants must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. The successful candidate will be able to start on a baseline check whilst the SC application is pending.