4 months ago
SUBMARINE THROUGH LIFE SUPPORT ENGINEER - KEYNSHAM, BRISTOL - 6 MONTHS
The role holder will be responsible for Post System Custodian - Power
The primary purpose of the post is to capture, collate and communicate In-Service Submarine engineering Risks, Issues and Opportunities to Design Services and Project Management (DSPM) stakeholders as well as the wider support Enterprise.
In order to achieve this, the post holder must maintain a comprehensive understanding of their respective Systems, including a working knowledge of upcoming Engineering Challenges as well as known Engineering Issues.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver TLMF (Through Life Management Framework) Project outputs in accordance with the Project schedule.
- Competently operate and manipulate the 'TLBP (Through Life Boat Plans) Tool' in support of generating TLBP Engineering Intelligence.
- Capture, collate and communicate engineering Risks, Issues and Opportunities associated with upcoming Engineering Challenges.
- Maintain a comprehensive 'Technical Network' of key stakeholders across the In-Service Submarine support enterprise.
- Capture, collate and communicate engineering Risks, Issues and Opportunities associated with known Engineering Failings.
- Identify improvement or business opportunities across the enterprise for DSPM intervention.
- Support delivery of MSDF (Maritime Support Delivery Framework) Outputs where directed.
- Supervise the Cat&Class process for their respective disciplines.
- Provide Reactive Support to their respective DA where appropriate.
- Undertake Design Queries (Questions, Issues or Projects) as directed by the appropriate Manager (MoD tasking) or company Head of Department.
- Provide a record of key System Custodian actions in the System Custodian Achievements Log.
- Support the generation of Indicative Programme Schedules (IPS) by the Advance Planning Team.
Knowledge and proven ability
- The post holder shall be able to demonstrate operating, commissioning or other relevant submarine knowledge
- The post holder shall have extensive ability and knowledge in the delivery of In-service Submarine Support with an understanding of Project Management.
- The post holder will require the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external staff at all levels within the Submarine enterprise, including Senior Management/Directors; including written technical reports and briefs
- Capable in the use of appropriate Project Management & IT tools (especially MS Project and Excel).