12 days ago
Atlas Elektronik UK
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy to create products which protect lives at sea.
Due to continued success we are currently looking to recruit a proactive and tenacious Sub-Contracts Manager to manage all subcontract activities including subcontract construction, negotiation, contract changes and the implementation and ongoing performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Ideally you will have experience of establishing and managing sub contracts in key projects within the defence domain.
- A commercial acumen with a good understanding of terms and conditions and the ability to draft and develop sub-contract documentation.
- Experience supporting bid activity, creating procurement specification and terms and condition flow down.
- Be proactive with high level communication skills and great attention to detail with the ability to forge strong working relationships and be able to liaise and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Project Manager / Leadership skills.
- To deliver a service, quality and cost offering to customers (both internal and externally facing) and to deliver measurable service through demonstrable customer satisfaction.
- As part of bid teams support/lead/manage subcontract shaping and negotiation of subcontracts.
- To manage and report on all subcontract activities in support of bids/projects through the lifecycle.
- Hold regular reviews with subcontractors to address schedule/technical compliance.
- Ensure prime contract obligations and commitments are flowed down to sub-contractors and ensure sub-contracts support AEUK in satisfying customer requirements.
- Provide regular update reports to relevant project and senior management.
- Delivery of improvement in overall value (quality, cost, delivery, performance) from sub contract.
- Identification, assessment and management of subcontracted risk in support of associated bids/projects.
- Assist in review and development of business processes as required.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate records and subcontract data for monthly management reports as required.
- Maintain effective communications and develop appropriate relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to legislative and corporate compliance.
- Support as required the establishment of commercial subcontract processes and procedures scaled to support the growing AEUK business.
- Provide subcontract commercial advice and support to AEUK bid and project teams as required.
- Development of long term relationships with key partners.
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.