4 months ago
Morson International is looking for Subcontract Buyer for our client based in Loudwater, Buckinghamshire.
Purpose of Role
To effect the necessary procurement of materials, goods and services into the business in support of the delivery of new and existing systems designs across all Commodities.
This role, as directed by the Procurement Manager/Senior Buyer, must engage with design engineering and manufacturing engineering to co-ordinate the supply chain contribution to new design activities with an objective of supporting design for manufacture through effective engagement of the Supply Chain. An increased leave of pro-activity is required to avoid first engagement with projects/programmes/engineering being the point at which an item needs to be procured.
- To develop and manage an agile, robust, approved vendor base at the commodity group level focused on technological improvement and reduction of cost
- To take project delivery responsibility as determined by project milestones, for the on-time-in-full delivery of materials and services
- To negotiate sub-con contracts by utilising a strong technical, commercial and bid knowledge
- To identify and develop two - way, "win-win" supplier-customer relationships
- To support KPI requirements
- Validation of Purchase Requisitions and negotiation with vendors (where required) to ensure the best quality, cost and delivery (QCD) performance is achieved
- Timely issue and expediting of Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures and processes to ensure the best possible terms with respect to QCD and risk mitigation are achieved and therefore, reduce the total cost of ownership. Obtaining written order acknowledgements against all PO's in a timely manner will be instrumental to the procurement process
- Utilise competitive tendering wherever product design and /or time constraints allow
- To implement effective supplier relationship management (SRM) with strategic/key vendors
- To measure and report vendor QCD performance, implement improvement plans and implement corrective actions for unsatisfactory performance
- To support the development of an approved vendor based and ensure its accurate recording in the IFS database
- Support the Business in the pursuit of "best-practice" procurement solutions
- Identify opportunities for spend-leverage with suppliers wherever possible
- Assist is the selection of new suppliers via a common set of criteria and scoring matrix
- Support procurement department objectives and KPI's and be instrumental in supporting their achievement
- Support the timely return of any defective material deliveries to respective vendors and procure replacement materials in accordance with company procedures and processes whilst minimising any impact on project milestones
- Liaise with Production, QA and Programmes to ensure product and service quality levels are maximised.
- Frequently used computer based systems include (but limited to :) IFS, ERP is preferred, MS outlook, Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Loudwater office -based position with possible visits off-site to meet and negotiate with suppliers. There will also be regular travel to our other sites.
- Commitment beyond normal working hours may be required from time to time to meet project/departmental/business objectives.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of work , suitable candidates will be SC Cleared or eligible for this level of clearance