Up to £42.00 per hour
6 months ago
Morson are currently working in partnership with an Aerosapce company in Redditch, Worcestershire and have a requirement for a Sub-system Lead Engineer to join the team on a 12 month contract, paying £42 per hour PAYE (or umbrella but no LTD).
Requirement of the Role:
* Contribute to and take a Lead role within the customer design process, representing Eaton at all reviews (ensuring workbook actions are progressing).
* Compile technical responses demonstrating engineering compliance to satisfy qualification & certification requirements.
* Familiarity of designing from customer specifications using 2D & 3D design tools, Catia V5 experience is a priority.
* Provide design solution documentation to enable product change or new design assessment.
* Lead internal and customer design reviews, and assist programme reviews.
* Manage internal & external engineering stakeholders, ensuring accurate recording and execution of actions to achieve maturity gates.
* A good understanding of Reliability, Safety / Airworthiness, Production methods, Materials and Processes, and Stress and Performance analysis.
* Provide Eaton product engineering support to customer SSTL (sub-system technical lead) for any aircraft in-service issues.
* Co-ordinate engineering responses for both NPI/NPD & modification activities.
Requirements of the individual:
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level)/ or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 5 years' experience of fluid conveyance systems, preferably within an aviation business.
* Good knowledge and experience of mechanical components, geometric tolerancing, processing, precision machining, castings, forgings, metallic materials, military and industry standards.
* Ability to understand the drivers / requirements of Procurement, Design for Manufacture, Production and Quality.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivated and proactive.
* Good Understanding of design, test and analysis tools.
* Ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with other Design Engineers and with Stress Engineers to iterate and optimise design solutions.
* Driving License is required.
Hours: 38 hour working week, overtime available when necessary.