3 months ago
Sub-contract Manager with extensive contract management and commercial experience is required to be fully responsible for the management of a subcontracted supplier within a specified project and supporting the supplier through bids. The role will require frequent and close engagement of the supplier to ensure that requirements are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Manage, and be accountable for, the overall performance and compliance of the Supplier.
- Ensure Supplier requirements are executed achieving favourable conditions and consistency with technical, program, cost and performance requirements.
- Engage and communicate efficiently with internal Customers and Stakeholders in executing Supplier requirements.
- Be the sole point of contact between the company and the Supplier.
- Manage the schedule and performance of allocated work packages, ensuring rigorous adherence to project management, quality and technical governance. Coordinate and lead subcontract review meetings including Identification and mobilisation of internal support.
- Recognise export controls associated with supply chain architecture and program requirements
- Ensure appropriate SRM and Performance Management techniques are employed with the Supplier.
- Attend regular Progress Report Meetings with the Supplier.
- Monthly measurement of Supplier metrics and enforcement of contractual agreement where KPIs are not being met.
- Recognise and identify subcontract claims and manage the timely resolution.
- Ensure relevant governance is complied with in accordance with company processes.
- Record and report UPD Savings
Bid Phase or Development of new products
- Promote early Procurement and Supplier engagement in Bids, Projects and Product design
- Contribute to the Acquisition Strategy and Plan
- Responsible for providing accurate and updated information to the Procurement Summary Sheet (PSS) for the supplier.
- Assist in Purchase vet planning.
- Contribute to, and challenge the Make, Team, Buy approach
- Identify and mitigate risks and maximise opportunities
- Undertake commercial and contractual tasks, ie definition of Customer flow down terms & conditions.
- Ensure effectiveness by employing suitable reporting, tracking and performance management tools and techniques.
- Ensure relevant governance is complied with
- Validate target costs and all savings per work package.
- Work with the Acquisition Project Manager to contribute towards monthly procurement reporting to the Project.
- Contribute to the Procurement Risk Register, ensuring appropriate risk is captured and Supplier mitigation actions are undertaken.
- Manage all procurement costs through the lifecycle of the project.
- Analyse costs of products and systems to identify focus areas or opportunities for reduction.
- Work with Technical teams to resolve design issues impacting on Supplier performance
- Commit to procurement performance including bought in costs, delivery/lead times, quality, resource management, risks and opportunities.
- Ensure timely payment to the supplier.
- Analyse existing subcontracts (including terms and condition, statement of works, technical requirement specifications, etc) and analyse areas of risk such as conflicts, deviations and ambiguities. Make appropriate recommendations to the wider Project on the mitigation of such risks while monitoring and supporting any subsequent remedial actions.
Compliance to Governance Rules
- Ensure relevant governance is complied with, ie Export control process, UK Procurement Policy adherence and Purchase Order approval
- All assigned CAPAs (Corrective Action Preventative Action) and the respective stages for all Internal, External and Supplier Audits and QUESTs will be completed in the prescribed time frame in the CAPA, to achieve zero overdue date performance
- To drive sustainability in projects to optimise cost benefits and innovation from within the supply chain, and pro-actively reduce risk and non-compliance to legislation (e.g. Bribery & Modern Slavery). To incorporate sustainable requirements: energy, climate change and material security & criticality into the product and services we procure
A broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management are required.
Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organisation working are required and candidates should be commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
A track record of success in a similar role in aerospace/defence is required as are Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement.
Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement are also required.
Some or all of the following experience is required:
E-procurement tools, ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
Working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
Presenting to end customers during Bid /Project Phases
MCIPS or equivalent qualifications, particularly Project Management
Business/Engineering degree, or equivalent
Professional qualification in related disciplines eg Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain