8 months ago
5 Months +
Sub-contract Manager with extensive contract management and commercial experience is required to be fully responsible for the management of subcontracted suppliers within a specified project. The job holder will be responsible for subcontract management across the end to end life cycle of the contract. The role will require frequent and close engagement of suppliers to ensure that requirements are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Manage, and be accountable for, the overall performance and compliance of their Supplier(s).
- Ensure Supplier requirements are executed achieving favourable conditions and consistency with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
- Engage and communicate efficiently with internal Customers and Stakeholders as necessary in executing Supplier requirements.
- Be the sole point of contact for all communications between the company and the Supplier(s).
- Manage the schedule and performance of allocated work packages, ensuring rigorous adherence to project management, quality and technical governance. Coordinate and lead subcontract review meetings including Identification and mobilisation of internal support from other departments.
- Recognise export controls associated with supply chain architecture and program requirements including: ITAR(TAAs(& TCPs)/MLAs) EAR ECCN,UK & foreign Military and Dual-Use Controls
- Ensure appropriate Supplier Relationship Management and Performance Management techniques are employed with Supplier(s).
- Attend regular Progress Report Meetings with all Supplier(s).
- Monthly measurement of Supplier metrics and enforcement of contractual agreement where KPIs are not being met.
- Recognise and identify subcontract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under changing provisions where possible, obtaining legal expertise where necessary.
- Ensure relevant governance is complied with in accordance with company processes.
- Record and report UPD Savings
- Validate target costs and all savings per work package.
- Work with the Acquisition Project Manager to contribute towards monthly procurement reporting to the Project.
- Contribute to the Procurement Risk Register, ensuring appropriate risk is captured and Supplier mitigation actions are undertaken and completed.
- Manage all procurement costs through the lifecycle of the project.
- Analyse costs of products and systems to identify focus areas or opportunities for reduction.
- Work with Technical teams to resolve design issues impacting on Supplier performance
- Commit to procurement performance including bought in costs, delivery/lead times, quality, resource management, risks and opportunities.
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time in accordance with the contract.
- Analyse existing subcontracts (including terms and condition, statement of works, technical requirement specifications, etc) and analyse areas of risk such as conflicts, deviations and ambiguities. Make appropriate recommendations to the wider Project on the mitigation of such risks while monitoring and supporting any subsequent remedial actions.
Compliance to Governance Rules
- Ensure relevant governance is complied with, including Export control process, UK Procurement Policy adherence and Purchase Order approval
- All assigned CAPAs (Corrective Action Preventative Action) and the respective stages for all Internal, External and Supplier Audits will be completed in the prescribed timeframe in the CAPA, to achieve zero overdue date performance
- All assigned QUESTs will be completed in the prescribed timeframe to achieve zero overdue date performance
- To drive sustainability in our projects to optimise cost benefits and innovation from within our supply chain, and pro-actively reduce risk and non-compliance to legislation (e.g. Bribery and Modern Slavery). To incorporate sustainable requirements: energy, climate change and material security & criticality (e.g. REACH, Conflict Minerals etc) into the product and services we procure
A broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management are required.
Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organisation working and to work effectively with Supplier(s) are required and candidates should be commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
A track record of success in a similar role in aerospace/defence is required as are Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement.
Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement are also required.
Some or all of the following are required:
Experience of e-procurement tools
Proven track record of working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
Experience in using ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
Experience of presenting to end customers during Bid /Project Phases
MCIPS or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines, particularly Project Management
Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent
Professional qualification in related disciplines eg Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.