about 1 month ago
Sub-Contract Manager required to work in a matrix organisation structure as the primary Procurement lead for Outsourcing work packages and developing strategic relationships with key partner companies to support our extended engineering enterprise challenges.
The main focus for this role will be the collaborative management of Outsourcing sub-contract commitments both tangible and intangible.
This role will require a demonstrated ability to manage internal and external relationships and experiences of working cross functionally in a matrix organisation, in order to influence a breadth of business decisions and will need to demonstrate effective subcontract management by developing robust contracts which address lifecycle factors whilst fostering and maintaining key supplier relationships, delivering on short term demands and long term business objectives.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals that get satisfaction from completing complex Procurement assignments to tight timescales.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
* Lead the delivery of Outsourcing sub-contract work packages and extended engineering enterprise management activities and other procurement related services as required by the business
* Translate customer / project requirements into commercial documents, particularly pertaining to the design, development and production of bespoke complex electronic systems and other technical services
* Support definition of process to underpin further Outsourcing activities
* Develop and negotiate robust contracts for services, intangible and tangible deliverables
* Identifying and sourcing appropriate supply chain solutions for the delivery of outsourced intangible services
* Promotes customer intimacy in both internal and external relationships
* Drives and leads strategies to influence business decisions throughout the project life cycle
* Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, IPR, liability and exchange rate exposure etc.
* Draft and prepare complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats
* Lead the generation and review of appropriate specifications and Statement of Work documents
* Promotes a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business
* Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand customer requirements and critical success factors
* Management of Compliance and Governance, restrictions for all procured items and services
* Create contracting solutions to protect IPR
* Operate as a locally acknowledged expert within the function
The following is required:
* Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to develop and nurture internal and external relationships, promote customer intimacy and team working.
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience (studying towards or achievement of MCIPS is preferred)
* A good understanding of the Commercial and Legal Aspects associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry or a similar market sector
* An ability to think 'outside of the box' offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation
* Ability to engage and influence cross-functional/cross site teams
* A track record of delivering Outsourced work packages
* A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Defence/Aerospace industry and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction
* A good understanding of IPR associated with contracting within the Defence/Aerospace industry (or a similar sector)
* SAP familiarity (or equivalent integrated business systems)
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.