Aerospace and Defence
£30 - £33.63 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson is delighted to be working in partnership with a market leading defence organisation to recruit a Sub Contract Manager to be based out of their site in Glasgow for an initial 6 month contract. As the role has been deemed Inside IR35, payment of £233.63 Per hour will be made via an Umbrella Company. Please find the role description below:
The role holder will be responsible for the delivery of onsite subcontracted services. Drawing upon specific experience of the NEC form of contract, subcontract management best practice, subject matter expertise and LfE, the role holder will be is responsible for driving successful delivery of established major sub contracts meeting time, cost and quality requirements within contract boundaries, ensuring the realisation of identified opportunities and identifying and mitigating contract and programme risk.
This is a business and Supplier facing role, which will require the deployment of extensive stakeholder management and influencing skills programmes and business functions.
- Management and execution of assigned NEC contracts, including supplier deliverables, contract change activities, contract warning processes, notices, payment including:
- Resolution of all commercial and administrative issues in a timely manner
- Interpretation of contract as need to support other departments
- Meetings with contractor on any commercial and contractual issues and generate MOM's
- Performance management of subcontractors through regular dialogue and contract reviews (through management of key performance indicators)
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and suppliers to identify risk and ensure mitigation /risk retirement plans are in place
- Work with key stakeholders to resolve issues as escalated through the Subcontractors, internal stakeholders, the Site Co-Ordinator or Quantity Surveyor
- Dispute resolution activities as required. Working alongside key stakeholders, ensure the successful conclusion of commercial disputes, including closure of outgoing or incoming commercial claims
- Weekly / monthly reporting activities reflecting supplier and contract status, performance, SHE, quality, risks and budget delivery and savings for assigned contracts
- Budget management activities for both labour and material spend for assigned packages, including reporting, approval and ownership of Purchase Orders
- Programme and business review attendance as required, including presenting supplier, contract and financial delivery management information
- Considerable knowledge of NEC contracting methodologies
- Experience of delivery of services / construction contracts, detailed understanding of optimal contracting and pricing routes
- Experience of operating in a large scale, complex programmes
- Membership of a professional institution RICS/MCIPS desirable
- University Degree qualified or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline desirable but not essential
For immediately consideration, simply hit the 'apply now' button.