Crawley, West Sussex
£350.00 - £374.00 per day + Ltd
10 months ago
Crawley - 3 month duration - £374 per day Ltd
We are looking to recruit a Subcontract manager to work for our leading defence client on an avionics technology project. You will be based from Crawley, with occasional travel, in this 3 month interim position. You will be responsible for the management of suppliers within a specified category in support of bids, products or projects. The role will require frequent and close engagement of suppliers to ensure that requirements are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements.
You will ensure all subcontracts are updated accordingly; including drafting, extending, renewing and terminating agreements. Management and development of appropriate mechanism (s) to monitor compliance to agreed terms and conditions with the supplier(s). You will also contribute to Bids by liaising with the Bid team and/or Bids and Projects Procurement Manager to understand new requirements. Early engagement with Supplier(s) to support and contribute to producing competitive bids and products, and delivering profitable projects.
- Proven ability in a complex procurement environment for a comparable project (avionics/defence/etc).
- Track record of success in a similar role in relevant businesses or markets
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
- Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
- Broad range of Procurement skills focused on: Needs Analysis, Design to Cost, Make-Team-Buy, Technical Interface Management, Supplier Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Subcontract Management.
- Convincing written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills to optimise cross organisation working and to work effectively with Supplier(s).
- Analytical skills
- Commercially astute with advanced negotiation skills and experience including differing contracting models
- Well-developed organisational skills
- MCIPS or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines, particularly Project Management
- Knowledge of e-procurement tools
- Proven track record of working cooperatively with Engineering and R&T teams
- Track record of working within a category structure, setting strategy and delivery of results
- Proven ability in using ERP systems including Oracle (B1) and / or SAP
- Proven ability of presenting to end customers during Bid /Project Phases
- Team management, leadership and team development
- Major development/manufacture sub-contract program/project management experience
- Ability to lead Make, Team, Buy decisions
- Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent
- Professional qualification in related disciplines eg Project Management, Engineering, Supply Chain
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the work involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a Baseline Security Clearance.