£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
13 days ago
Role - Subcontract Coordinator
The role is responsible for supporting the Subcontract Manager in the management and coordination of contractual deliverables to meet Technical, Cost, Quality and Schedule requirements from single or multiple suppliers.
Typically this will involve being part of multi-functional teams made up of engineers, quality and supply chain personnel. Focusing on the drafting and execution of subcontracts.
The Subcontract Coordinator shall also be expected to assist in managing the interface with the internal programme team and technical to ensure the creation of Scopes of Work and LD / milestone payment strategies.
The individual will also act as the focal point for their subcontractor(s), and they will be responsible for briefing project(s), executive and divisional management, and customers on the status and issues affecting their subcontract.
Responsibilities may extend across the product life cycle from bid to in service support and include:
* Developing Statements of Work, Subcontract Management Plans and Requests for Proposal / Quote in support of bid activity.
* Evaluating supplier proposals. Ownership and management of the schedule, technical, quality and cost baselines both with the supplier and within the overall programme
* Managing change through the development of requests for proposals, negotiations and subcontract amendment and execution.
* Ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty, production and sustainment leading to successful contract closeout as applicable.
* Building and maintaining good working relationships with Suppliers and Colleagues
* Wider responsibilities include contributing to the continual improvement of the supply chain processes, participating in and providing accurate and timely data for internal reviews, and supporting the functional management team.
* Drafting of Subcontracts with support of Subcontract Manager
* Agreement of payment and contract milestones with internal and external stakeholders
* Use of SAP / ERP system for the creation of back PO's to support main Subcontract
* Chairing of Subcontract Pre / Kick Off and Production meetings
* Assume the role of a focal point for Subcontractor throughout life of Subcontract
* Liaise with required internal departments to resolve any supplier queries / technical issues
* Travel to Supplier site, if required in Subcontract Manager absence, to monitor performance
* Demonstrable success as supply chain professional in consistently delivering against requirements.
* Enthusiastic, determined, committed and approachable.
* Confident self-starter, capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
* Strong procurement, business acumen, financial control and project management understanding
* Experience of drafting contracts
* Experience in utilising SAP / ERP Systems
* Experience of facilitating solutions.
* Team player with experience in coordinating the efforts of multi-disciplined teams.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
* Flexibility to travel as required.
* Supply chain experience in dealing with multi-functional organisations along with a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals.
* Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from bid to production etc.
* Shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of relevant compliance and security regulations
* Must be able to operate effectively in a matrix organisation