St. Helens, Merseyside
£42000.00 - £57000.00 per annum + benefits
18 days ago
About the role
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to join our Regional team to work in St Helens.
To provide Management, leadership and control of a multi disciplinary team comprising Sub Agents, Section Engineers, Site Engineers.
What you'll be doing
As, Site Agent, you will:
* Set targets and KPI's in line with Project / Business objectives and monitors performance
* Carry out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
* Lead / Reviews Accident / Incident Investigations. Reviews and appraises findings and leads / directs the appropriate action arising (HFACS and Four Page Reports)
* Appraise improvement options and leads action / instigates as appropriate
* Lead periodic risk reviews and takes output forward to the Project Risk Register
* Monitor effectiveness of the H & S Management System
* Keep up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team
* Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability
* Identiy and arranges training as required
* Set targets and KPI's in line with Project objectives and monitors performance
* Ensure site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings
* Appraise improvement options and leads / instigates actions as appropriate
* Implement systems and processes
* Be involved in working groups focused on Improvement Areas
* Have overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section
* Set targets and KPI's in line with key outputs and monitors performance, reporting Section Progress
* Carry out constructive analysis of fully resourced programme
* Manage sub-contractor performance based on KPI's
* Ensure production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme
* Chair weekly team meetings to review performance on site
* Set targets and KPI's in line with budget forecast
* Chair weekly cost meetings and identifies improvement areas and allocates appropriate actions to team members.
Who were looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility and supervise others in this regard
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified
* Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision. Reports back as necessary to update Line Management.
* Able and willing to make decisions following consideration of options based on best available information
* Strong communication skills with track record of solution orientated approach to issue resolution
* Excellent role model for development of junior staff and demonstrates required behaviours to align to business, project and team objectives.
* Understands method statements and guides others in document production Understands and can guide others in the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation Proficient in the application of Company Systems Innovative approach to enhancing safe systems of work
* Experienced in resource allocation and up skilling
* Understands the Organisational Business Management Systems and processes Clear understanding of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works, including management experience of the same.
* Able to analyse and offer improvement on a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software
Interested? Please send your CV or call 0161 707 1516