£38000 - £42000 per annum + benefits
Vital Glasgow Construction
about 1 month ago
Vital resources are currently working with a reputable and well established civil engineering contractor to assist them in their search for an experienced Sub Agent to work on a range of infrastructure and heavy civils projects.
This is a permanent opportunity and one that would involve working for a well established contractor with a reputation of employee development, as well as a history of working on major projects civil projects through-out Scotland.
As Sub Agent you will be directly responsible for the daily management of various civil engineering and rail projects which would include but isn't limited to the following responsibilities:
- Delivery of the contract within programme and budget.
- Liaison with site staff and managing surveyor to ensure tender allowances are not exceeded.
- The continuous monitoring of contract progress to ensure contract objectives are being met.
- Ensuring that in conjunction with the site team changes to the contract are identified, agreed and effectively managed.
- The provision of formal reports on contract progress to the Project and Contracts Managers.
The successful applicant for this role would be able to demonstrate =:
- Previous experience in a similar capacity
- SMSTS certified
- Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical engineering role)
- Experience as a Senior Engineer or Sub Agent in a civil engineering contracting environment
- Experience in a similar role working on multi-disciplinary civils infrastructure projects
- Rail experience is beneficial but not essential
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package for the right person. If you would like more information, or to apply, please contact jamie Nicholson using the below details or click the "apply now" link.