Up to £36.00 per hour
4 months ago
On behalf of a leading aerospace defence company Morson are currently recruiting for a Structures Weight Engineer on a 12 month contract at £36 per hour
This role exist to provide structural engineering input, analysis and support to military fast jet airframe design and development programmes. The role is critical to enabling the release of design definitions and/or supporting the manufacture and/or the operation of military fast jet airframe structures, and cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills such as classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
Experienced Structures Engineers are required within BAE Systems - Air (Warton) for a variety of roles. The role to be filled cover a broad range of Structures engineering skills covering classical structural analysis methods, Finite Element Analysis Methods, airframe qualification, materials qualification support, especially Carbon Fibre Composites, systems installation stress analysis and airframe build/manufacturing support.
The Key Responsibilities include:
* Plan, estimate and control structures engineering tasks for activities within span of control, performing tasks to cost and on time to meet customer requirements and business needs.
* Ensure the technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
* Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed. Agree with line manager and deploy structures engineering methods, processes and data for activities within span of control
* Ensure effective interactions with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the team, department and company.
* Provide efficiency and effectiveness suggestions for the development of structures engineering toolsets and processes within the Structures discipline