£34.00 - £40.00 per hour
4 months ago
Acting as a key member of a multidisciplinary team, you will be involved in the overall design of my clients nuclear facilities. The design responsibility will include decommissioning and new build projects. The projects undertaken will principally be in relation to building fabric, structures and infrastructure associated with process, CE&I and mechanical handling equipment.
- To contribute to the development of the BIM strategy .
- To contribute to the structural engineering aspect
- To contribute to the modelling performance
- Carry out structural / civil engineering tasks.
- The individual will demonstrate a clear understanding of Revit given this is utilitised on a daily basis
Tasks & Responsibilities within the design team Function
- Preparing the designs of varying complexity, including relevant sketches, models and associated data, reports and other required engineering documentation.
- Carry out reviews or specific checks of other engineers' work to provide Verification.
- Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete their assigned task.
- Consider, act upon and record health, safety and environment issues at all stages of the design process
Key Areas for the role
- Producing, reviewing, verifying and approving 3D processes and inputs for the 3D model.
- Ensuring that Collaboration and / or BIM solutions take full cognisance of all relevant requirements such as security, legislation and the principles of CDM.
- Supporting senior engineers/technical specialists within a multi discipline teams and assisting the development of the collaborative working environment for the project.
Successful applicants are expected to proficient within the use of Revit whilst producing both 2D and 3D designs.