Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Morson, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Hinkley Point, Civil Engineer
£30000 - £48000 per annum + good benefits
18 days ago
Role: Structural Steelwork Engineer
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 motorway junction
Salary £30000 - 48000 + benefits
Start: From start of January 2019 (later start might be accepted for the right candidate)
We are looking for an Engineer with good knowledge and experience of Structural Steelwork / Steel Structures to work for our prestigious client, one of the world's largest engineering companies, in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
This role will be based at our client's office on the outskirts of Bristol.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
As part of the steelwork (SW) team, the Engineer will assist in:
- Producing steelwork platform designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes,
- Liaising with the building layout and piping teams to coordinate the design,
- Maintaining QA procedures in delivering the SW design,
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models,
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures,
- Liaising with colleagues in Paris
Training and Experience:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline or otherwise suitably experienced
- Experience of structural steel design
- Experience in the design of seismically qualified steel platforms and structures from concept to detailed design delivery.
- Experience of using 3D modelling and structural analysis tools
For the right candidate, or client can offer a competitive salary along with an good benefits package, and the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build programme.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction