Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Draughtsman , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Civil Engineer
£30000 - £50000 per annum + good benefits
about 2 months ago
Role: Structural Steelwork Designer (ideally w/Tekla experience) - UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £30000 - £50000/year + good benefits including possible relocation assistance
Start: April 2020 onwards (later start will be considered for candidates required to serve notice)
An exciting opportunity exists for skilled CAD Designers with experience in the design / detailing of Structural Steelwork and ideally knowledge of Tekla to work for our prestigious client, helping to design and build the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
The candidate will need to be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and ideally Tekla (or other 3D modelling tool for steelwork), whilst PDMS experience would also be useful.
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling steelwork structures (steelwork structures, platforms, ladders, monorails, handrails, etc.) according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the traceability is maintained throughout the model ensuring the steelwork rules/guidance are correctly followed.
- Creating the detailed 3D-Model of the steelwork by using BOCAD (part of the Aveva package) or Tekla. For this he/she will use a transfer tool from PDMS to BOCAD or Tekla.
- Carrying out detailed modelling activities of the steelwork structures on the 3D modelling tool.
- When requests for changes are issued by the steelwork engineer, he/she incorporates the changes into the 3D modelling tool, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the responsible steelwork engineer, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model.
- Produces 2D detailed drawings for issuance to the fabricator.
- Performing of 2D-3D Checks.
The Steel CAD Designer works closely with the Civil and Steelwork Engineers. These engineers will provide the input data as well as reviewing the works of the Steel CAD Designer
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience in the steelwork drafting
- AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of a 3D modelling tool for steelwork
- PDMS, TEKLA or BOCAD (or knowledge in similar 3D, 2D software application)
- Spoken and written English
- Drawing Production Skills
Experience in the nuclear sector
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package, as well excellent career development and advancement opportunities, and the chance to become part of a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction