£30000 - £40000 per annum + good benefits
2 months ago
Role: PDMS Structural Steelwork Designer- UK Nuclear New Build
Location: Bristol, 2 minutes drive off of M4 / M5 junction
Salary: £30000 - £40000/year + good benefits
Start: September 2018 onwards due to the need to obtain / transfer security clearance, though later start will be considered for canddiates required to serve notice
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled CAD Designer with experience in the detailing of Structural Steelwork to work for our prestigious client, helping to design and build the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
The canddiate will ideally need to be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and PDMS. Additional skills / experience in Tekla or BoCAD would be advantageous but are not essential to being considered.
- Creating and modifying of the PDMS 3D-Model, by modelling steelwork structures (steelwork structures, platforms, ladders, monorails, handrails, etc.) according to the input data and drawings provided and ensuring that the traceability is maintained throughout the model ensuring the steelwork rules/guidance are correctly followed.
- Creating the detailed 3D-Model of the steelwork by using BOCAD (part of the Aveva package) or Tekla. For this he/she will use a transfer tool from PDMS to BOCAD or Tekla.
- Carrying out detailed modelling activities of the steelwork structures on the 3D modelling tool.
- When requests for changes are issued by the steelwork engineer, he/she incorporates the changes into the 3D modelling tool, having checked their technical consistency.
- In the event of any technical problems or deviations, informs the responsible steelwork engineer, offers technical advice and makes corrections to the 3D model.
- Produces 2D detailed drawings for issuance to the fabricator.
- Performing of 2D-3D Checks.
The Steel CAD Designer works closely with the Civil and Steelwork Engineers. These engineers will provide the input data as well as reviewing the works of the Steel CAD Designer
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Strong experience in the steelwork drafting
Knowledge of a 3D modelling tool for steelwork
Experience in the nuclear sector
Experience in plant layout engineering
Experience with TEKLA or BOCAD
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary along with a good benefits package, as well excellent career development and advancement opportunities, and the chance to become part of a company at the forefront of the UK nucelar new build industry.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction