Building, Construction and Infrastructure, Hinkley Point Project, Oil and Gas, Power, Nuclear and Utilities, Civil Engineer , Structural Engineering , Hinkley Point, Nuclear New Build , Nuclear Power Station, Energy Sector
£30000 - £60000 per annum
6 months ago
Role: Structural Steelwork Engineers (Design / Analysis, up to Lead level) - Hinkely 'C' nuclear project
Location: Bristol, close to M4/M5 motorway junction
Salary £30000 - 60000 + benefits including bonus and possible relocation assistance
Start: From June 2020 onwards (due to need to obtain BPSS level security clearance, later start might be accepted for the right candidate)
We are looking for Civil / Structural Engineers with good knowledge of, and experience in the design and analysis of Structural Steelwork / Steel Structures to work for our prestigious client in support of EDF's £20bn+ Hinkley Point 'C' nuclear power station project.
This role will be based at our client's office on the outskirts of Bristol near to the M4/M5 junction
Key Activities and Responsibilities
As part of the steelwork (SW) team, the Engineer will assist in:
- Producing steelwork platform designs compliant with the ETC-C, other relevant codes,
- Liaising with the building layout and piping teams to coordinate the design,
- Maintaining QA procedures in delivering the SW design,
- Working with the CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models,
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures,
- Liaising with colleagues in Paris
Training and Experience:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate technical discipline or otherwise suitably experienced
- Experience of structural steel design
- Experience in the design of seismically qualified steel platforms and structures from concept to detailed design delivery.
- Experience of using 3D modelling and structural analysis tools
For the right candidate, or client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build programme.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction