Rate on Application
4 months ago
Fieldglass: Job Posting
The role will require a coordinated inspection programme for all Customers structures in the UK and overseas. You will carryout all Structural Inspections to identify corrosion, defects or improvements as applicable and provide certification the structures are safe and structurally sound.
The Customer portfolio has a range of Structures that includes guide masts, lattice towers starting at 18m and numerous SATCOM antennas up to 30m in diameter.
You will be required to produce detailed reports for the customer that demonstrates a robust inspection regime highlighting areas for remedial action. These reports will be used to create the work schedule for the Corrosion Control team to demonstrate assets are not degrading and to provide a solution for assets where remedial action is required.
Working with staff at all locations you will provide hands-on support, as well as leadership both technical and managerial to a multi-disciplined team in order to deliver all preventative and corrective maintenance activities across the range of services as well as specialist support in your areas of expertise.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* The delivery of a structural inspection regime for all assets within the Customer enterprise both in the UK and overseas
* Liaise with Site managers to ensure appropriate access and downtime of assets is in place prior to commencing inspections
* Examine structures and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure
* Examine structures and direct which components need remedial action to address corrosion
* Produce detailed reports for all assets in a timely manner
* Selecting appropriate construction materials for any modifications, alterations
* Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by employees and contractors to ensure structural soundness
* Working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies
* A detailed understanding and compliance with relevant codes of conduct and standards
* To contribute to the recruitment, induction and development of team members, including the maintenance of their mandatory health, safety and security training
* Use computer aided design technology for simulation and design purposes
* Determines and specifies quality and safety standards to ensure equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications
* Travel to other company sites will be necessary
Applicants will be required to have:
* Appropriate experience as a Structural Engineer Inspector
* Professionally registered with the Institute of Structural Engineers
* Working at height (WaH)