Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Our client a leading Oil & Gas Operator are seeking a Structural Engineer for a Permanent opportunity.
The Structural Engineer is responsible for supporting the Lead Integrity Engineer to ensure the ongoing structural integrity of all equipment to maintain compliance with the clients UK's Integrity Management System. The Structural Engineer works within a multi discipline asset team and has a functional home within the Integrity Technical Services Department.
The Structural Engineer will ensure the application of the Structural Integrity Management Strategy (SIMS) to the Company's Offshore and Onshore assets, in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation, industry codes and practice, and the requirements of the Asset Safety Cases and associated Performance Standards.
* Provide technical expertise within level of competency and support on all structural matters relating to the Company assets
* Assurance of structural integrity of company assets / sites with a focus on safety while working within budget/manning limitations
* Accountable for maintaining asset / site TISC and SISC documents as part of life of field management for defining annual structural programmes of work
* Responsible for the preparation and compilation of detailed, targeted and optimised structural inspection Workpacks for execution
* Providing adequate communication on structural risks and ensure that all structural integrity risks are managed effectively
* Support the oversight of structural integrity management activities for all assets through a standard integrity management plan
* Interface with, and provide support to, Technical Authorities, Technical Safety Engineers. Integrity Manager and other stakeholders on structural integrity matters
* Ensure compliance with relevant and codes and standards
* For the maintenance and population of the structural anomaly database (COABIS)
* Completing Annual General Visual Inspections of the Assets structure
* Accountable for the upkeep of the asset / site Structural RBI and weight database
* Developing an annual summary report indicating the condition of Structural equipment.
* Provide all elements of the planning, execution and interpretation of topsides and subsea structural inspections
* Provide plans to the Lead Integrity Engineer for structural matters relating to repairs, fabric maintenance and other structural integrity interventions
* Managing the progress, completion and quality of structural inspection and reporting enactment
* Evaluation of anomalies, inspection data, and other information to provide guidance on, and solutions to, conditions threatening structural integrity
* Carry out first assessment of reported defects and report any anomalies
* Interface and lead the Structural Integrity Services Contractor, the Subsea Integrity Support Contractor and other third parties involved with the structural integrity process to achieve performance and value to Company
* Provide technical review and comment on assessment work carried out by the Structural Integrity Services Contractor, and others, to ensure that the scope is clearly defined and that the resulting reports fully address the associated risks
* Support contract performance management (CPM) of Assigned Structural ISC
* Supporting the revision, update and maintenance of the asset specific strategies, for the above equipment
* Participate in the planning, execution and reporting of integrity reviews of the assets as directed by the Company audit program and barrier health reviews
Education Attainment & Accreditation
* Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or related discipline
* Be capable of carrying out offshore site visits
* Chartered or working towards chartered status.
Professional skills & Experience
* Individual will be able to demonstrate practical application of expertise complemented by a sound education in structural engineering (or related subject) with a strong bias and in-depth knowledge of integrity management
* A good understanding of the application of advanced structural analysis (e.g. spectral fatigue, non-linear analysis, etc.) would be an advantage
* An ability to communicate complex structural issues to a non-structural audience
* Ability to cope quickly with challenging problems.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
* Adhere and demonstrate company values in all aspects of work
* Strong safety awareness
* Good sense of personal accountability
* Strong organisational skills, with performance delivery focus
* Experience of Integrity contractors processes, procedures, estimating methods and delivery process
* Flexibility and a willingness to adapt is essential
* Ability to work on own initiative with self-imposed quality control standards
* Ability to work to prearranged deadlines.