The successful Candidate will be part of the team responsible for providing various Engineering Support to Build packages, working alongside Professional and Production Engineering colleagues.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
- Primary responsibilities will be working in an engineering support to build role with the preparation/production of plans, fabrication/installation drawings and information in line with recognised ISO and industry standards and to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
Bracing/reinforcement during fabrication.
Assist in producing Lifting & Turning drawings to Engineering specifications.
Transportation - Cometto/SPMT and articulated vehicle swept path analysis for complex loads in low clearance environments.
- Ability to utilise 3D models to generate deliverables.
- Liaise with professional engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Perform self-verification of own work.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Familiarity with shipbuilding/ship repair terminology and practices.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- Experience working on Naval or Commercial Marine projects (preferably naval shipbuilding projects/alternatively new build or major conversion packages).
- The post holder is required to hold an NC/HNC or an equivalent qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric/spec driven CAD system in both a 3D & 2D environment.
Autodesk experience essential. Experience in Hexagon S3D advantageous.