£22.00 - £23.05 per hour
15 days ago
You will be responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. You will be required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and product design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practice's as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
Key Result Areas
- Primary deliverable are manufacturing and installation outputs deliverables for seating/foundations but may also include; 3D structural and compartment models, 2D General Arrangement and Layouts, Detailed Assembly drawings, Spatial and Interface management of systems with coordination of associated disciplines, BOMs
- Preparation/production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Preparation/production of structural/Outfitting installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop innovative design solutions.
- Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production Queries
- Produce and update 'as built' drawings and documentation.
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
- You should ideally hold an ONC/HNC or an equivalent engineering academic qualification in Structural/Outfitting discipline subject.
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience.
- Able fully utilise Autodesk AutoCAD software in 2D/3D.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the naval/commercial marine build and conversion marketplace (or similar).
To apply for this position, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK and either possess or be able to obtain UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.