South East England, England
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
Streetworks Manager - Berkshire/Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire/Wiltshire area
Morson International are working with a leading utilities company who are looking for a Streetworks Manager to join their team. You will be overseeing the inspection regime and related activities of the Civils Inspectors. This will be associated with highway works under the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) and Traffic Management Act (TMA). You will be expected to travel to a number of locations in Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Wiltshire area.
The Streetworks Manager will be:
- Inspecting sites as escalation point to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that the National Specification for Reinstatements of Openings in the Highway has been adhered to.
- Liaise with both internal departments and contracting partners as necessary
- Investigate and record any failures of works carried out on behalf of my client.
- Performance manage, co-ordinate and provide support to the Project Management Team (PMO), acting as first point of contact for any escalated enquiries.
- Ensure monitoring of, and compliance with, the relevant corporate Performance Indicators that the PMO's work contributes to.
- Responsible for gathering and collating evidence in relation to any challenges received from local authorities in relation to NRSWA, and in particular Sections 56, 60, 66, 71 and 74, and assist in the timely submission of such evidence to the required authority.
- Attend Local and County HAUC meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies and procedures relating to NRSWA / TMA activities.
- Liaise with members of the public, Area Office Staff, Local Councils, County Councils and other authorities on matters related to NRSWA and TMA.
- Capture feedback from external parties and share this with PMO to help shape the way they plan and deliver work
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with highway authorities, attending meetings and helping to nurture a collaborative and productive environment between Authorities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking company who look after their employees. They are offering flexible working and the chance to work from home. At the moment, there is not an office in which you will be working out from, so working from home, and on site, will be the majority of what happens. If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly.
Alternatively, contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for more information.