12 months ago
Streetworks Manager - Southern England
Morson International are recruiting for a Streetworks Manager to join an established utilities firm. This role is a Regional position which will require travel around the Southern England area. The Streetworks Manager is responsible for overseeing the inspection regime and related activities of the Civils Inspectors associated with highway works under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Inspecting sites as escalation point to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that the National Specification for Reinstatements of Openings in the Highway has been adhered to.
- Liaise with both internal departments and contracting partners as necessary
- Investigate and record any failures of works carried out on behalf of Obelisk.
- Performance manage, co-ordinate and provide support to the Project Management Team (PMO), acting as first point of contact for any escalated enquiries.
- Ensure monitoring of, and compliance with, the relevant corporate Performance Indicators that the PMO's work contributes to.
- Responsible for gathering and collating evidence in relation to any challenges received from local authorities in relation to NRSWA, and in particular Sections 56, 60, 66, 71 and 74, and assist in the timely submission of such evidence to the required authority.
- Attend Local and County HAUC meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development of corporate policies and procedures relating to NRSWA / TMA activities within Obelisk.
- Liaise with members of the public, Area Office Staff, Local Councils, County Councils and other authorities on matters related to NRSWA and TMA.
- Capture feedback from external parties and share this with PMO to help shape the way they plan and deliver work
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with highway authorities, attending meetings and helping to nurture a collaborative and productive environment between Authority and Obelisk
- Ensuring notices are submitted by Contracting Partners in a timely manner and in accordance with the agreed programme of works.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong knowledge of NRSWA legislation, NRSWA Specification and Codes of Practice, and the Traffic Management Act and Codes of Practice.
- Customer care experience and skills
- CDM/Health and Safety knowledge
- Contract procedure knowledge
- Operational application of NRSWA
- Co-ordination of Street Works
- Liaison with contractors and third parties
- Site supervision
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment
- Responding to emergencies
- 3/5 years + experience as a Senior Technician in a Streetworks Functionality
This is an exciting opportunity for a Streetworks Manager to join an established company and have the chance to work on some exciting projects within a great working environment. If you are interested, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.