Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Morson International is working with the UK's leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure, delivering fibre directly to more than 5 million homes and businesses up and down the country. Our client is experiencing an exciting time of growth and are now hiring for a:
Street Works Manager - Milton Keynes
To support the Head of Compliance to lead improvements in street works management across the business to minimise financial liability by working to the highest standards in delivery of Street Works. You will lead the Street Works team to deliver an efficient, compliant and cost-effective service.
To lead the roads and street works division of the compliance team responsible for the scheduling of early works, reporting of contractor performance nationally, ensuring financial efficiencies across Street Works and Road Works operations and actively involved in the continuous improvement of noticing and inspection compliance. Acting as a subject matter expert supporting the Network Delivery leadership teams.
- Manage the Street Works Team nationally.
- Ensure full compliance to associated legislation and regulations, ensuring correct escalation processes when trends are identified, including performance, quality and relationships.
- Responsible for managing and implementing processes in line with all streetworks legislation and regulation.
- Assist in production of analytical statistical data and proactive publication to Network Delivery Managers and suppliers.
- Actively coach the Streetworks and Field teams ensuring support, guidance and training is provided in relation to all Streetworks and business requirements and legislation driven processes.
- Responsible for maintaining robust records in order to comply with KPI reporting, ensuring active supervision of data quality to an audit compliant standard.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders and partners to support, process and manage trends and/or identified risk associated with performance, safety and compliance surrounding all streetworks and business requirements.
- Actively lead on all IT support requirements when assisting the Streetworks team, partners and business.
- Lead by example when managing the performance of all members of the Streetworks team through active coaching and monitoring.
- Review current processes and procedures to identify potential IT solutions to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Attendance at strategic Streetworks performance meetings.
- Referral to the relevant Contract Manager of any poor performance or failure to comply with process by the supply chain in regard to risk and issue management or delivery.
- Production of weekly/monthly performance reports - timely provision of management information.
- Knowledge of street works legislation.
- Significant experience of managing a team.
- Ability to prioritise work based on technical and customer requirements.
- Experience of dealing with customer requirements and systems in terms of order completion to timescales.
- Good understanding of financial drivers and the impact of job changes on financial and delivery performance.
- Understanding of risk and issue management.
- Experience in dealing with demanding stakeholders and clients.
- Qualified tradesman in the construction industry.
- Minimum 7-10 years post qualification experience of construction work with an emphasis on road works.
- Further qualification in specialist construction related field.
- Supervisory or management experience in Construction Engineering.
For further information please contact Tom Glover at Morson International.