Morson Talent are delighted to be working on an exciting opportunity with UK Power Networks, who require a Workforce Planner to join their team for an initial 3-6 months to cover sick leave. The purpose of this role will be to develop and maintain the Strategic Workforce Planning models and associated processes. Manage the Workforce Planning process that will identify the resourcing requirements of UK Power Networks and enable us to deliver their business strategy and company ambitions.
- Operation and maintenance of the Strategic Workforce Planning models the output of which is used in the development of the annual Corporate Strategic Plan as well as analyses to inform detailed Workforce planning including Succession and Career
- Management of the Annual Long Term Manpower Planning (LTMP) models
- Liaise with the HR Business partners, Strategy, Technical Training to understand the future resource requirements of each directorate
- Undertake research to inform workforce planning assumptions such as voluntary leaver rate and retirement age.
- Assist with the completion each year of the forecast Regulatory RIGs tables for Operational Training. This includes project managing the provision and quality assurance of the forecast data
- Complete the required analysis and reporting of headcount data to inform the Strategic Workforce Planning Model
- Provide inputs into the annual Financial Medium Term Planning, budgeting and Regulatory Return processes
- Close liaison with the EU Skills and National Skills Academy of Power and ensure that data is provided to the EU Skills Workforce Planning models
Nature and Scope
The Strategic Workforce Planning analyst will provide data quality assurance and input into the Strategic Workforce Planning models to enable both scenario planning and the identification of the range of potential resource solutions that will inform the Corporate Strategic Plan and consequently help to mitigate future resourcing risks.
The role will also undertake research and analysis of both internal and external data to understand and interpret labour market trends and forecasts.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicant would be expected to be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- The jobholder will require a high competency level in numeracy and statistics and be able to draw conclusions and make recommendations from the analysis of data
- Workforce planning experience within a large organisation
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proficient in both MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Experienced in developing and working with data models
- Ability to produce reports and analysis in a suitable and concise language to the highest of standards with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills particularly in building relationships
- Be self-motivated and seek to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication and written skills.
- Good organisational and problem solving skills.
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of the Utility Sector
- Project Management and Financial Budgeting experience
- Ability to grasp a situation quickly and create well-reasoned solutions.