about 1 month ago
Morson Talent are recruiting for an experienced Buyer to support the site Procurement team on bids and projects at Atlas Elektronik UK.
To ensure an efficient supply chain is in place between the suppliers and Atlas Elektronik UK Ltd.
- Support the effective operation of AEUK exceeding targets including customer delivery performance and quality.
- To ensure continuity of supply throughout the supply chain, mitigating risks & managing commercial issues including contracts, pricing and overall supplier performance.
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver good sub-contractor performance in cost, service and quality
- Manage suppliers in order to schedule, expedite deliveries, resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other potential issues
- To manage assigned subcontract activities including subcontract construct, negotiation, implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
- Supplier performance management
- Product sourcing
- Commercial terms and negotiation
- Supplier relationship management
- Category management
- Visiting key suppliers for annual audits and price negotiations
- Attending internal/external meetings to identify new product demand, schedules and procurement requirements
- Identification, assessment and management of potential risks associated with differing sourcing strategies
- International trading issues/imports/legal awareness and management
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required:
- Proven procurement experience with strong supplier management bias
- Experience of managing multiple projects in a complex design throughout the whole product lifecyle
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams and interacts well across different levels or seniority
- Experience of defining and implementing Category management and supply chain strategies
- Proactive individual with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with peers and other colleagues
- Experience of managing and improving supplier performance
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills coupled with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment.
- Calm under pressure, organised and credible.
- Able to manage own workload efficiently whilst coping with changing demands & issues.