3 months ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a requirement for a Stores Person/General Worker at their site operations outside Newbury, Berks. Due to the nature of the work involved, candidates are required to be SC security cleared. This is a 12 month contract position and a competitive rate is on offer to the right applicant.
- Report to the Company site Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager or nominee.
- Ensure that stores are maintained in an orderly, clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of inventory of the site stores are produced and submitted to the Company Nuclear Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager (or nominee) in a timely manner.
- Ensure that deliveries of equipment to site are consistent with the programme for the works.
- Within their competency, undertake all work as instructed by the Supervisor, in accordance with the requirements of the task documentation, (i.e. Method Statement, Implementation Plan, Risk Assessments etc) with due care to minimise the potential for disturbance to site plant equipment.
- Liaise with Projects, Procurement and Supply Chain Team to ensure that deliveries to site are consistent with the programme for the works.
- Formally control all items of equipment leaving and being returned to stores. This is to include names, date, and signature of personnel removing/returning equipment.
- Record any problems encountered at the site stores and notify the Company Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager, or nominee, of details at the earliest opportunity.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them and inform their Supervisor of any situation considered to represent a safety concern
- Comply, in addition with any other applicable Safety documents as identified by the Supervisor or client
- Report to their Supervisor any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety.
- Produce and maintain the documentation required for safe management of the site stores.
- If nominated to do so, ensure that all plant and equipment including tractor units, forklift trucks, lifting accessories and equipment are correctly maintained and compliant with current statutory requirements
- General Certificates of Secondary Education is required.
- Candidates should possess basic literacy skills
- Construction Site Experience.
- Hold relevant CSCS card for their trades/skills
- Hold valid licences, tickets, authorisations for the roles they have been appointed to.
- Have carried out Manual Handling training
- Are fully conversant with the Health and Safety at work act 1974
- Are fit and healthy to undertake Physical/Manual labour
Any of the following would be a bonus:
- Lifting Equipment Operator
- Forklift truck operator licence
- PASMA qualification
- Pipe fitting
- Cable running
- Driving Licence
- Electric Pallet truck operator
- Pneumatic tug operator. (Master mover) (Training may be provided)
- Knowledge, experience on Hydraulic systems installation
- Able to read installation drawings and follow instructions
- Hand tool and power tool competent
- Ladder/Stepladder inspection
- PAT Tester
- Abrasive Wheels
- Fire Safety, Fire Watch, Hot works
- Loler AP Lifting