8 months ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit an experienced Stores Person on behalf of our client based in Rugeley, Staffordshire.
The stores operative is responsible for co-ordinating associated tasks in accordance with company processes, procedures and policies. These tasks are primarily to accurately receive, store, pick and distribute goods in conjunction with business requirements and is to include the main site, satellite and supplier locations
- Unloading/loading deliveries manually or using appropriate mechanical handling devices. These include FLT and overhead crane.
- Checking all receipt paperwork complies with Certificate of Conformity requirements.
- Scanning and attachment of all receipt paperwork to IFS.
- Raising and distribution of all Discrepancy reports for any receipt anomalies.
- Filing paperwork.
- Appropriate receipt, control, storage, data entry and archiving paperwork of stock from suppliers.
- Organise the safe storage of bulk items to main or offsite locations.
- Daily clearance of stock within designated transit areas within 24 hours.
- To accurately Lot/Batch pick, label and update computer systems of all stock required for designated use.
- Ensure all items are appropriately packed prior to being dispatched to external parties and are dispatched correctly with an advice note created by the appropriate department.
- Stock location and general stores maintenance and housekeeping.
- Undertake perpetual and annual stock checks.
- Communicate, undertake and update stock control systems with site stock transfers appropriately
- Communicate with Planning team on all picking, receipt, inspection put-away and issue priorities.
- Communicate with Buyers / Projects department on all goods that are abnormal or unexpected.
- Liaise with shop floor assembly team leaders on palletised or large items being placed on to or from the shop floor.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Equivalent experience in a comparable role within a similar industry
- Excellent motivational and teamwork skills, with the ability to work off own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of stores procedures and the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Systems
- Ideally reach truck and overhead crane qualified - but not essential
- Awareness of Health & Safety requirements in a stores environment
- Be available to work regular weekend work and overtime during the week
- Manual handling
- Working at height
- ESD awareness
- Banksman experience
- Pedestrian Stacker
- Loading and Lashing
- Full and valid Driving Licence preferably to B+E entitlement
- PC literate ideally in Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to gain Full UK security clearance to SC level with no restrictions