Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, S. E. England, England
Up to £12.58 per hour
6 days ago
Morson International are working in partnership with a leading motorsport client based in Milton Keynes. An oppportunity has arisen within the manufacturing team for a Stores Person for an initial 5 month contract.
The successful Stores Person will be required to ensure that all goods are securely and accurately located and effectively distributed to all manufacturing areas & external suppliers. Is responsible for archiving no longer current parts, moulds & jigs storage.
1. To ensure that stock accuracy levels are maximised at all times by recording the issue/removal and/or moving of all parts inc proprietary and consumables, using the RBT stock management system between all storage locations, including archive storage and offsite storage.
2. To ensure that any errors are kept to a minimum as attention to detail & a high level of accuracy are key to this role.
3. The stores area should be set out neatly & logically with consideration given to removing no longer current & obsolete parts to storage areas away from the Manufacturing Stores on a regular basis. With input & guidance from the Team Leader the stores person will take an active role in this function.
4. Returned parts/picks should be booked back into stock immediately to reduce loss and re-ordering problems (i.e. nothing should be sitting in a box in stores un-located).
5. When picking items, stock should be checked to be correct and if not, altered on the system to reflect reality. If this means there is no stock then the buyer should be notified of the shortage along with the person who raised the job. All stock alterations should be notified to the Manufacturing Stores Team Leader.
6. Picks should be fulfilled as complete as possible no matter where the parts are. If the parts are in another stores area the stores person is responsible for retrieving & picking these parts. The Team Leader will consider whether splitting the stock & locating in both stores areas is an option should the part appear on frequent picks. If parts are in an inspection area the stores person will advise the inspector & request if need be that the parts be finished in timely fashion so as not to hold up the manufacturing process.
7. All external picks must be sent boxed or bagged up with the suppliers details clearly marked & a dispatch note detailing all of the parts that have been sent. All items will be delivered to the Transport Department in good time to meet the delivery schedules or overnight couriers. All shortages or discrepancies should be reported back to the relevant buyer.
8. To proactively inform planners of shortages in picks by reporting as a pick has been processed.
9. To ensure that all parts are accurately received from the Parts & Logistics Hub in a timely manner and located into the correct stores location. Care should be taken in updating the stock management system ensuring that each part is moved both physically & electronically correctly.
10. The Manufacturing Stores will be responsible for storing all moulds, patterns & jigs. Again once obsolete these can be moved to gain room for current parts.
11. The stores person will be asked to perform regular weekly stock counts which will ensure high levels of stock accuracy are maintained. Also will take an active role in the year end stock take ensuring that all stock to be counted is pre counted & presented ready for the count day.
12. If required to, cover other stores areas and be familiar with the areas routines and processes.
13. To use a forklift truck for the purposes of loading and unloading vehicles & equipment in compliance with Red Bull Technology's Health and Safety procedures after completion of the relevant training and holding of a recognised license.
14. To meet aggressive targets without compromising attention to detail and accuracy.
15. To ensure stores security is met at all times.
16. To ensure an ethos of proactive and a can do attitude is maintained at all times in all areas.
17. To ensure that departmental policies and procedures are adhered to, seeking advice where appropriate.
18. To maintain professional standards of general departmental housekeeping and with regard to parts storage and identification in all stores areas.
19. To carry out any other reasonable duties as specified by the Team Leader or Stores Manager.
Key Internal & External Relationships:
* Stores Manager
* Manufacturing Stores Team Leader
* Composites Management
* Composite Assembly & Laminating Group Leaders
* Production Coordinators
* Parts & Logistics Manager
* Procurement Personnel
* External Suppliers
* Transport Manager
Please note, this role is for shift work, with the most common shift pattern being lates. The role will start on standard hours (08:00 - 18:00) and move into late shifts (14:00 - 10:00) after suitable training has been undertaken