26 days ago
Stores Operative , Contract, SC Cleared, Aldermaston
To ensure the co-ordination of equipment, tools and supplies are appropriately received and controlled and issued in accordance with any project of Facility requirements.
The stores person will:
* Report to the Cavendish Nuclear stores manager or stores supervisor
* Ensure that stores are maintained in an orderly, clean and tidy condition at all times.
* Look to maintain the highest standards of H+S practice within your working day
* Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of inventory of the site stores are produced and submitted to the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager (or nominee) in a timely manner.
* Ensure that deliveries of equipment to site are consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in co-ordination with the Cavendish Nuclear Responsible Engineer/Supervisor.
* Liaise with Cavendish Nuclear Projects, Procurement and Supply Chain Team to ensure that deliveries to site are consistent with the programme for the works.
* Formally control all items of equipment leaving and being returned to stores. This is to include names, date, and signature of personnel removing/returning equipment.
* Record any problems encountered at the site stores and notify the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer in Charge/Facility/General Manager, or nominee, of details at the earliest opportunity.
* Produce and maintain the documentation required for safe management of the site stores.
* Ensure compliance by Cavendish Nuclear staff and any contractors with the requirements of the Cavendish Nuclear site Health, Safety & Environmental Plan and associated documents and legislation.
* If nominated to do so, ensure that all plant and equipment including tractor units, forklift trucks, lifting accessories and equipment are correctly maintained and compliant with current statutory requirements.
* Counterbalance and preferably Reach forklift truck licence required
* Have excellent numeracy, literacy and organisational skills
* Computer Literate
* Physically fit and able to lift and move heavy packages
* CSCS card in place , CCSNG passport would be accepted as long as it is accompanied by an ACE card for the applied position