about 1 month ago
Morson International are looking to recruit a Logistics Operative (Storeperson) on behalf of our prestigious aerospace client based in Luton
The role of Logistics Operative is fundamental to the smooth operation of the factory. The logistics Operative will handle both critical material and information on a daily basis. Therefore, they will directly influence the company's ability to deliver our customer commitments in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost.
- Work within defined M&SC procedures, with limited supervision and escalate problems to immediate supervisor for resolution as they arise, in order to complete assigned tasks.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and a general understanding of the business area
- Understanding of impact of own work on Logistics KPIs
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Knowledge of safe working practices relevant the employee's local hazards. Consideration for the safety of self and colleagues is paramount.
- Knowledge of relevant standard logistics procedures (what) and practices (how) necessary to process material efficiently (quickly) and effectively (accurately).
- Awareness of lean/Six Sigma manufacturing tools & techniques
- Or has the ability/aptitude to learn.
Process (Key Result Areas)
- Logistics operatives will be required to undertake a range of material handling activities and/or processes.
- Goods receipt, Material Put away, Pick, Pack, Ship P.I Count
- Demonstrate a contribution to continuous improvement activity within Logistics or M&SC.
- Communicate with colleagues outside of own team in order to gain clarification and/or guidance for completion of defined task
- Provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
- Organise own workload to ensure time is utilised effectively
- Time Management & Absence Management
- Xmii manufacturing console
- Defect management system
- SCOR / ARIS / BMS
- Microsoft Office applications
All employees are required to be flexible and to undertake additional duties as directed by their line manager, in order to meet the needs of the business.