£11.00 - £12.00 per hour + PAYE
7 days ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit an experienced Stores person for our client, a leading motorsport company, based near Oxford.
- Check all incoming stock deliveries against delivery notes.
- Advise on any discrepancies promptly; marking paperwork accordingly
- Check for damages on incoming parts orders and record any issues
- Parts Picking / Parts Despatch
- Kitting of parts for workshops
- Adhere to First In, First Out (FIFO) stock control management processes
- Assist the Senior store man with regular perpetual stock checks to ensure that the physical stock agrees with the computerised inventory
- Adhere to health and safety regulations at all times (particularly manual handling practices)
- Complete all required documentation accurately and promptly
- Checking and packing out-bound deliveries, ensuring packaging is sufficient for transportation
- Maintain concise and current stock records by accurately updating systems and where required
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping is maintained throughout the stores areas at all times
- Contribute to site operational efficiency by identifying potential improvements to processes
- Operate at all times in a manner that complies with Health & Safety policy and report all cases of non-conformance to line manager
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a 5S initiative
- Assist in carrying out the annual stock take
- At all times to act in a professional manner, in keeping with the group brand image.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company's objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Support all stores activities as per business requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
- A good working knowledge of MS Package that includes Excel, Word, Outlook is essential
- Previous Microsoft AX experience will be a distinct advantage
- Able to lift heavy items
- Previous Stores experience, preferably in an automotive or motorsports environment
- A valid FLT Counterbalance licence
This job description is not exhaustive and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.