Up to £0.00 per hour
2 months ago
We seek a Low Observables (LO) engineer to work within a future stealth aircraft engineering team. The Team is responsible for signature management and integration across new and existing platforms.
These roles involve the provision of engineering input into the definition of the LO elements of vehicle configuration options: Specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests as required to support LO design activities. Definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO design activities.
To this end we seek a good understanding of electromagnetic principles.
Knowledge, proven ability and a background understanding of CAD systems and general Airframe engineering. Knowledge and a proven ability of radar cross section control, reduction technologies and techniques would be beneficial, including existing radar cross section data sources: analytical, theoretical, and experimental methods and techniques as well.
AT THE COAL FACE TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
The provision of input into;
- The definition of the Low Observable (LO) elements of vehicle configuration options the selection of a favoured configuration and the refinement of the favoured configuration leading to vehicle lines freeze.
- The design of the LO elements of vehicle design, including assessment and control of changes to external lines definition of detailed design features including control of excrescences, panel and door joints and edges, system and equipment installations.
- The specification, monitoring, and analysis of Radar Cross Section (RCS) tests to support LO design activities. Computational modelling skills are highly desirable.
- The definition, execution, and where necessary monitoring of theoretical and analytical RCS computations to support LO Design activities
- Liaison where necessary with internal and external research agencies and programmes to ensure maximum mutual benefit and application of technology developments.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 2 LOW OBSERVABLES ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)