Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Statutory Accountant for a 12 month contract role based in Glasgow.
Ideally looking for a Chartered Accountant with Audit and Statutory Accounts experience and background working with a major accounting firm.
* Responsibility for the preparation of the monthly external reporting results of the client in line with IBE Control requirements and timelines
* Responsibility for the preparation of the Year End Reporting Pack of the client in line with the Control requirements and timelines. This includes the reporting of year end results and additional disclosure requirements as outlined at 31 December and 30 September
* Responsibility for the preparation and review of all client subsidiary accounts to ensure compliance with company law and accounting standards.
* Responsibility for the preparation and review of all client regulatory accounts to ensure compliance with relevant company law and accounting standards
* Ensure all processes detailed above are delivered complying with Internal Controls and the Group Financial Governance Procedures
* Support other processes within the Group Reporting team as and when required
* Work proactively across all client businesses and Control to ensure that the external reporting packs and statutory accounts are produced to a high standard, to agreed timetables and are technically correct in relation to all appropriate accounting standards and legislation
* Maintain a strong control environment to ensuring that all procedures and processes in their area comply with Group Policies and that documentation is kept up to date
* Maintain technical knowledge to ensure that external reporting information complies with relevant accounting standards and legal practice
* Contribute to a positive team environment within own team and ensure that staff are motivated, have clear objectives and that they receive regular feedback and development
* Continually challenge current business processes to seek and deliver on-going efficiency's
* Financial Dimensions
o Revenue £6,135m
o Basic Margin £1,940m
o EBITDA £1,263m
o Investment £ 572m
* Work effectively in a small team of professional individuals in the consolidation and delivery of all client external financial reporting requirements
* Ability to work in a flexible and dynamic way to ensure team deliverable and objectives are delivered to a high standard and on a timely basis
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Qualified Accountant with PQE of at least one year and a strong current technical and business knowledge
* Experience of preparing statutory accounts under IFRS and UK GAAP
* High level of commercial awareness with a good understanding of client markets and the relationships across the client group.
* Pro-active person who anticipates issues and problems and puts in place effective strategies to manage these.
* Confidence, ability and presence to constructively challenge at all levels.
* Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements
* Strong spreadsheet skills
* Ability to work as part of a team to ensure that the Control function is fully integrated rather than separate teams at Corporate and the businesses.
Complexity & Creativity
* Full compliance with IBE Group Governance, procedures and reporting timetables.
* Apply all relevant accounting standards and legislation as appropriate
* Identify and assess the impact of developments in IFRS on financial reporting for the client Group
* Manage and prioritise conflicting objectives within tight deadlines
* Deliver high quality financial information within strict timescales
* Understand the impact of complex accounting issues and communicate the results clearly and concisely
* Be highly numerate with strong analytical skills
* Adapt quickly to change in a fast moving environment
* Challenge existing processes and implement more efficient and effective procedures
Judgement & Decisions
* Ability to make decisions and understand when assistance from others is required
* Demonstrate a pragmatic approach to delivering competing priorities
* Having the confidence to challenge the norm in both a constructive and value adding manner
* Strong people management skills with ability to adopt appropriate style for a range of situations