£28000 - £30000 per annum
2 months ago
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon the next stage of their recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
5 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a [Stakeholder Engagement Officer] to contribute towards ongoing success
The Stakeholder Engagement Officer will execute the company's Stakeholder strategy. This includes delivery of the company's stakeholder engagement programme, including its schedule of stakeholder events, briefings and bulletins.
The Stakeholder Engagement Officer will work closely with teams across the business to co-ordinate delivery of our own events, participation at other external events, as well as develop ideas for new stakeholder offerings for the wider energy and related business sectors (e.g. investors). The postholder will be expected to proactively engage with and respond effectively to feedback from stakeholders and support the team manager in identifying improvements and new opportunities to take forward. The role will also require working with stakeholder liaison teams in BEIS and our delivery partner organisations, Ofgem, National Grid ESO and our settlement agent, EMRS (a subsidiary of ELEXON).
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Support industry stakeholders to engage with the CFD and Capacity Market schemes and to ensure industry readiness for the schemes
- Seek to widen our stakeholder base in line with our corporate strategy
- Support the team manager in proactively identifying new stakeholder engagement and external communications opportunities, working with other departments
- Support stakeholder research (annual and pulse surveys), own and maintain stakeholder maps, contacts directories, and relationship management matrices
- Develop and maintain external events schedules, working with key heads in the business and researching new external events opportunities
- Deliver stakeholder communications via dialogue, events programme, bulletins, social media
- Support the organisation of stakeholder events and the programme of speaking engagements
- Coordinate effectively internally across the business, ensuring that stakeholder queries, including FOI, are responded to within agreed deadlines
- With work external providers to deliver effective stakeholder research (annual and pulse surveys).
Skills/Experience Required for the Role:
- Experience of managing stakeholder engagement programmes in multi-institutional landscapes
- Computer literate with extensive experience of Microsoft Office and preferably some experience of customer relations management systems (experience in setting up such systems is a plus)
- Experience of using of digital and social media tools to positively influence engagement
- Experience of managing event programmes, with the ability to put together engaging content
- Able to tailor complex information into clear engaging content for different audiences
- Maturity and flexibility to thrive under changing demands and competing priorities
- Ability to negotiate matters of confidentiality and potential sensitivity with tact and a clear understanding of the issues at stake
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in dealing with senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills.