9 months ago
Purpose of the position :
As the leader of the C696 Design Team, the Design Manager will manage and coordinate the delivery of the entire C696 design, applying the CRL assurance process and ensuring that design package leads are delivering the design product on time, on cost, right first time. The Design Manager will be expected to provide technical leadership and ensure transverse co-ordination is achieved. Communications are key and the Design Manager will be expected to liaise regularly with other functional parts of ATC (quality, accounts, commercial, procurement).
Position in the Organisation
This post forms part of the Plumstead Area Regeneration Engineering team following SA6
The post reports to the Plumstead Area Regeneration Engineering Manager
Network & Links
Designers (Track, Civil, M&E) and Design Package Leads, Interface Manager, CAD team, Design subcontractors , Engineering Manager, and the client CRL.
Interfaces with other CRL contracts as appropriate.
The design manager will lead all the design activities for the Plumstead Stabling Sidings and will ensure all necessary documentation required for successful Gate 3 is presented to Crossrail CEG ( Central Engineering Group).
The Design Manager will be expected to integrate all designs activities and disciplines and manage change as appropriate.
Duties will in particular cover:
* Scope identification and scope management
* Delivery of all the deliverables in accordance with the deliverable list making best use of allocated resources and consultants
* Internal and external resolution of interfaces and technical issues
* Programme management
* Change management and contractual support to the commercial team
* Design assurance:
o Verification and Validation
o Requirement management
o Compliance to TSI
o Competency management for design
o Design gates and design reviews to be finalised as per contract ( dec'17)
Provide support in reviewing the overall engineering workload and the associated budget allocation/sufficiency and risks
* Engineering degree
Knowledge / Experience
* Min 5 year work experience in railways design, engineering or similar
* Experience in railway depots (preferably)
* Experience in the design of track, OHLE, Power supply, M&E (cable trays, troughing,,…) subsystems
* Commercially aware
Behavioural and Technical Skills / Competencies
* Chartered (preferably)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Ability to read technical content and assess data (drawings, technical specifications, etc…)
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative