Up to €475.00 per day
3 months ago
Morson International working with a global consultancy who are looking for a Sr. Technical Business Analyst (Oracle, Java) to join their team in Luxembourg.
The tasks/activities will include:
- Business Analysis / Requirements capture of key functional areas:
- Interview the IT team and review the in-house application to capture the functional-ity/requirements
- Review with the business users to ensure all the key business requirements have been captured, including functionality not yet developed in the in-house application.
- The requirements must be validated by the business users for the process to continue.
- Produce a requirements document covering the business requirements to a detailed level.
- Produce a scoring mechanism to evaluate solutions to those requirements. The current application will be scored and used as a reference.
- Market Analysis to find solutions which meet these requirements (Off the shelf fit)
- Identify market solutions which could meet the functional requirements
- Propose other possible solutions to better meet the requirements/needs
(some of those applications may be built on top of Sharepoint or Opentext)
- Score the market solutions using the mechanism from the previous task
Review of platforms currently in place at the Client that could provide this functionality. i.e. Sharepoint, OpenText ECM.
- Review of platforms currently in place at the Client that could provide this functionality. i.e. Sharepoint, OpenText ECM.
- Review the currently used document management systems taking into account that EUDOC is a legislative database mainly for the management of legislative texts
- Identify the gaps against the functional requirements
- Identify steps required to bridge these gaps and to arrive at satisfactory solution or detail serious issues to arriving at such a solution
- Score the identified solutions against the scoring mechanism
- Recommendation. Synthesise the above findings and provide a recommendation. The recom-mendation must compare and contrast the different findings and fully justify the recommended path.
- The final report must collate the details from the previous steps into a single report
- The report must tabulate and arrange the findings into a management summary
- The report must details the pros and cons of the solutions reviewed
- The report must make a recommendation, fully justifying why this recommendation is the correct way forward for the Client
The selected person must demonstrate very good knowledge in:
- Business Analysis
- Requirements capture
- Market analysis with a view to identifying products meeting specified requirements - to identify potentially existing solutions in the market and to propose solutions in accordance with the service's needs/specific requirements
- Legislative database management
- Document management
- Good understanding of EU institutions working procedures is an asset
- Proficient in English and French
Moreover, must demonstrate strong competence and previous working experience in:
- Legislative database management tools/platforms/systems knowledge in several legislative systems being a strong asset
- Document management tools/platforms/systems knowledge in several document manage-ment systems being a strong asset
- In order to assess the current application and the scenario to upgrade it, competence in Java web applications is required, in particular knowledge of Oracle, Java, JSF, and open source libraries
- MS Word & MS Visio
Deliverables and schedule:
- Requirements document
- Review of current application with the IT team in order to produce functional require-ments
- Final review and update of the document with the business team, also capturing any additional requirements
- Scoring mechanism with which to score potential solutions against the functional require-ments
- Market Analysis
- Determine if applications exist on the market to cover the required scope
- Analysis of such application with respect to the scoring mechanism
- Review of applicability of platforms currently in use at EIB
- Review Sharepoint and Opentext platforms in particular
- Determine the match with the scoring mechanism, and identify the amount of custom-isation/configuration required to bridge any gaps
- Analysis of the current application providing the EUDOC functionality:
- Analysis of current solution
- Determine in broad terms how to upgrade the application to a modern framework, identifying what framework to target, and the effort required to achieve the upgrade
- Final review/Recommendation documentation:
- Produce document. The document must include and compare the benefits, costs, and effort (all involved parties) of each option.
- Review and update in line with review feedback from stakeholders
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Jake from Morson for more information.