US$40.00 - US$45.00 per annum
6 months ago
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Santa Ana, CA
Morson International is currently seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our client, a leading manufacturing supplier within the aerospace and aviation industries. This will be on a contractual basis for their location in Santa Ana.
Under limited supervision is typically responsible for several production and development programs with unrelated/diversified families of parts and some number of programs manufactured on an infrequent basis. Also, usually assigned new hardware programs determined to be extremely complex. Is responsible for assuming any program, with any customer, within any business unit at any time. Develops and maintains quality standards and plans and procedures to assure company products meet required specifications, standards, and systems.
Internal - Interfaces on a regular basis with various departments at all levels of management. Provides timely and quality service to these internal customers.
External - Interfaces daily with customers and government representatives.
1. Writes manufacturing planning if required by program demands.
2. Identifies Quality's needs for special tools, gauges and test equipment.
3. Assists the Contracts Department in estimating and planning new programs.
4. Identifies customer quality requirements by analyzing customer purchase orders and creating a quality plan meeting those requirements. Reviews company's Bill of Material and adds quality requirements. Also, evaluates suppliers' purchase orders ensuring they are approved sources and conform to quality requirements defined on Bill of Material.
5. Develops, writes and implements quality planning and assists in developing and writing manufacturing planning. Continually analyzes quality plans/processes.
6. Reviews and, as required, revises customer submittals of nonconformances and provides technical support to the customer where problems/questions arise. Investigates nonconformances to determine exact root cause and assigns corrective action required. Implements follow-up plan to verify corrective action is in place and effective.
7. Provides technical assistance to shop and receiving inspection personnel in areas such as interpretation of operation sheets and correct customer requirements.
8. Discusses with customers quality issues, such as interpretation/clarification of customer/supplier requirements. Plans and coordinates customer/supplier visitations to company.
9. Compiles and verifies proper and accurate documentation for part prior to shipping.
10. Provides instruction to final inspection advising of customer acceptance criteria for dimensional and visual standards. Performs visual inspections and audits blueprint dimensions of parts prior to shipping. Maintains records of these inspections indicating all quality requirements have been met.
11. Develops product substantiation data files. Presents file and part to designated supplier quality representative and customer field product quality engineer in compliance to customer requirements.
12. Audits processes to ensure compliance with appropriate procedures, practices and customer specifications.
13. Reviews, evaluates or originates internal company documents such as rework tickets, nonconforming material reports, tool orders, Bills of Material, drawings, material testing requisitions, etc.
14. Responsible for meeting quality cost objectives.
15. Responsible for meeting company inventory management goals.
16. May train employees, as required.
SAFETY - Maintains a constant awareness towards safety in the workplace and notifies supervision immediately of hazardous conditions and practices.
QUALITY - Exhibits commitment to quality performance in all aspects of every task or project performed.
May require prolonged periods of sitting, and/or standing.
May require periodic bending, reaching, crouching, kneeling, pushing and/or pulling.
May require periodic lifting up to 20 pounds.
May require repetitive use of hands and good manual dexterity.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS:
Requires a 4-year technical degree, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Requires 5 years quality engineering experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Non-destructive testing (NDT) or metallurgical background would be a plus. Requires the ability to read and interpret blueprints, understand the use of precision measuring instruments and possess a working knowledge of the application of Statistical Process Control (SPC) to manufacturing environment.
COMMUNICATION AND MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS
Must possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and communication skills.