Long Beach, California
£120000.00 - £150000.00 per annum
3 months ago
10+ years experience and job training directing project work in any one or more of the following disciplines: Controls System Design/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Design/Engineering, or Electrical Design/Engineering. Project work experience should reflect direction of deliverables development, scope, schedule and budget development and tracking, and team management. This training is generally obtained through college coursework as well as on-the-job training
Must demonstrate the ability to develop scope, schedule, and budget for medium size automation projects. Work habits to be of the highest standards. Directs the Project Team in development of process design, control systems engineering design, electrical engineering and design, mechanical engineering and design, civil/structural engineering and design. Directs the Project Team in developing estimates, budgets, schedules and manpower staffing requirements for assigned projects. Must be familiar with the infrastructure requirements necessary for automation project construction packages. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client (engineers, shop personnel, inspection staff, construction contractors), direct staff and CAD resources to meet the defined project needs and schedules. Implements company systems, standards, procedures and tools. Displays the ability to direct others in order to accomplish specific objectives is responsible for providing guidance, assistance and direction to other engineers as well as maintaining work efficiency on assigned projects. Must understand and apply all client safety policies.
* Provides guidance to the Project Team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve prescribed project goals, schedule milestones and cost objectives
* Has full responsibility for successful project completion, including quality of the work deliverables
* Determines the manpower resources required to execute the project efficiently
* Has responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments is responsible for applying sound engineering.
* Ensures that a clear and complete scope definition is prepared, discussed with and validated by the client, maintained and tracked for scope trends throughout the course of the project
* Obtains client authorization for scope change work
* Ensures that company policies, procedures and guidelines are followed throughout the course of the project.
* Reviews weekly timesheet reports to validate that correct phases and tasks are being used and that reports accurately depict the team working on the project
* Coordinates all design reviews, monitors any consultant or subcontractor work.
* Holds regular project team meetings as the level of activity requires to keep all team members apprised of the overall status of the project
* Responsible to resolve scheduling and staffing conflicts with other Project Managers and/or with the operations Manager
* Reviews and updates the project schedule and budget, notifies client accordingly.
* Prepares project status reports as client requires with project progress against major milestones, actual costs against budget, schedule progress and other critical or contractual items.
* Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters, displays an enthusiasm for safety and leads team by example.
* Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources demonstrates dependability, commitment and involvement to projects.
* Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team assists team members and shows respect for all team members.
* Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company's quality standard of acceptability has the ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
* Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
* Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels, both written and oral, with both clients and colleagues.
* Decision Making: Displays the willingness and judgment to make decisions takes action upon decisions made with good judgment
* Leadership Skills: Displays the ability to teach, motivate and direct team members to accomplish specific objectives is effective in conflict resolution.
Bachelor of Science Degree, Technical Training or equivalent on the job training
Registration as Project Management Professional is desirable.