6 months ago
Job Title: IT Migration Specialist
Under the general direction of the Chief Technology Officer and the IT leadership team, the IT Migration Specialist will be responsible for assisting in planning and execution of the migration from multiple domains and G Suite into a single domain, Azure AD and an Azure-hosted Office 365 environment. The ideal candidate will have performed multiple such migrations utilizing both inherent knowledge as well as migration tools (e.g. BitTitan) to achieve the objectives. Prior G Suite to Office 365 migration experience, scheduling migration batches and process management is a must. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Windows Group Policies and Microsoft technologies is also a must. Normally requires a minimum of 8-10 years directly related experience.
Some travel (less than 15%) may be required during migration planning and execution.
Primary skills, duties and responsibilities
* Hands-on experience with collapsing domains and forests across multiple offices into a single integrated domain including migration of credentials and access rights, policies and groups.
* Hands-on migration/deployment of G Suite to Office 365 Azure-hosted solution.
* Provide Level III support for Office 365 migration, email, calendarization and messaging systems.
* Perform large-scale infrastructure implementations and migrations including migration of on-premises servers into Azure hosted servers and services.
* Familiarity with industry standard Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity practices, applications and methodologies.
* Implementation and troubleshooting DFS Namespaces, DFS Replication, and Storage Replication in the resulting environment.
* Configure tools for identity management, email, calendarization and files monitoring and use them to proactively identify issues.
* Migration of G Suite Apps and Drive data into Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook and Azure structures.
* Create and develop associated technical documentation and training materials.
* Participate in end-user information meetings and training as necessary.
* Participate in necessary migration and maintenance windows throughout project execution.
* Must have a solid understanding of ITIL/ITSM best practices or equivalent.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics, statistics, computer sciences or equivalent job experience at the discretion of the Company.
None required but related certifications are a plus.