US$115.00 - US$125.00 per annum
12 days ago
Morson International is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Manager for our client, a manufacturer within the aerospace industry. The selected candidate will have direct accountability for leading all aspects of the Environmental, Health and Safety programs and compliance activities. The Senior EHS Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, executing, monitoring, and auditing of all EHS initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and continuously improve EHS performance. This position works directly with corporate and division personnel, managers, supervisors, leads and employees across all production and office departments. The position reports to both the General Manager and Director of EHS.
Primary Functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain all written EH&S programs and policies in accordance with OSHA, USEPA and/or corporate standards and in compliance with applicable laws.
- Develop, implement, coordinate and perform EH&S training.
- Provide technical EH&S support and information to required personnel.
- Participate in process reviews (such process hazard analyses, etc.)
- Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Manage and maintain PPE (personal protective equipment) requirements.
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and/or specific training programs.
- Lead and serve on various EH&S related committees.
- Develop, implement, and manage OSHA and USEPA required reports (OSHA logs etc)
- Understand Federal and State (Pennsylvania) occupational safety, health and environmental regulations and monitor regulatory changes as they occur. Advise manufacturing plants and corporate staff of regulatory changes to ensure timely compliance.
- Periodically audit practices and records of facilities to ensure compliance with company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health regulations.
- Manage near-miss incidents, lost-time injuries or illnesses, and work with injured workers, TPA, and clinic to manage Worker's Compensation Claims.
- Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow-up as necessary.
- Commitment to continuous improvement to comply with ISO 9001:2000 and any other regulatory standard.
- Continuous interpretation and compliance planning for current and emerging environmental regulatory requirements at all levels (Federal, State, County, City, etc).
- Preparation and implementation of all environmental permits, reports, training and related requirements.
- Interact with regulatory agencies, management, and other personnel to ensure environmental requirements and programs are fully integrated and effective. Participate or lead working teams in the development and continuous improvement of Environmental systems, programs and strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Working knowledge of applicable environmental, health and safety standards.
- Ability to write regulatory reports and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Skill in auditing/inspecting operations and company procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective EHS strategies and management systems.
- Ability to interpret regulations and develop programs and methods to implement compliance programs.
- Ability to effectively present information to and work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of behavior based safety programs, ergonomics and environmental and safety regulations and law.
- Knowledge of workers compensation regulations.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, and ability to meet expectations for required competencies in position, which includes: 1) safety, health, and environmental awareness, 2) business ethics and compliance, 3) technical/professional competence and quality & time management, 4) interpersonal relations and communication skills, 5) initiative, flexibility, innovation, and adaptability, 6) continuous improvement and problem solving, and 7) planning and organizing.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in safety science, industrial engineering, or industrial hygiene, or Bachelor's degree in related field with strong EH&S leadership experience (10 years+).